Based in Holland and Belgium, Erik Vlietinck is the publisher of the IT Enquirer, a pan-European online publication covering multimedia content production.
He also regularly creates online textual and video content for websites of companies across Europe and writes for Photoshop User and occasionally contributes to Post Magazine. Erik has been a freelance writer for over a dozen IT-magazines in Great-Britain, Holland and Belgium.
He has written product reports on editorial systems, superwide format UV-curing inkjets, Postscript RIPs and DAM systems. From 1998 to 2004 Erik wrote the Administrator Guides for DMPartners’ linguistic search engine for publishers and WoodWing Software’s Enterprise 7 cross-media publishing system.
Up to 1990, Erik served as a solicitor at the Antwerp Bar Association and a lecturer at Vlekho, a university located in Brussels, where he bored post-graduate students with IT contracts law.
Review: Harsh environments are risky for electronic equipment which includes storage media. Many vendors certify their portable drives for submersion in 30cm deep water for 15 minutes, but what if you get to work in much more hazardous environments? The ioSafe Solo Hawk 1TB would appear to offer almost Black Box levels of protection!
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61675) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17663) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15916) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8838) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4689) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (478) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1077) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (724) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1515) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3002) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head