Based in Holland and Belgium, Erik Vlietinck is the publisher of the IT Enquirer, a pan-European online publication covering multimedia content production.
He also regularly creates online textual and video content for websites of companies across Europe and writes for Photoshop User and occasionally contributes to Post Magazine. Erik has been a freelance writer for over a dozen IT-magazines in Great-Britain, Holland and Belgium.
He has written product reports on editorial systems, superwide format UV-curing inkjets, Postscript RIPs and DAM systems. From 1998 to 2004 Erik wrote the Administrator Guides for DMPartners’ linguistic search engine for publishers and WoodWing Software’s Enterprise 7 cross-media publishing system.
Up to 1990, Erik served as a solicitor at the Antwerp Bar Association and a lecturer at Vlekho, a university located in Brussels, where he bored post-graduate students with IT contracts law.
When you think of audio fixing, you probably think of “iZotope RX Advanced”. It is the industry standard for audio post production regardless of the environment in which the audio is used, be it movies, music or even criminal forensics. iZotope has now released updates of RX 7, its metering app Insight and the full RX Post Production Suite.
Audio mixing without any unforseen colouration of the sound is one of the most difficult aspects of mixing room setups. Erik Vlietink takes a look at the IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 system, which could make such headaches a thing of the past.
At Winter NAMM 2018, Sony’s pro audio group is showcasing its latest microphones designed for professional studio and home recording applications. These three new High-Resolution microphones build on Sony’s studio microphone heritage and continue its recent development of Hi-Res audio products.
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19132) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10073) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10039) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9025) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6266) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (448) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (966) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (545) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1376) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2545) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience