Based in Holland and Belgium, Erik Vlietinck is the publisher of the IT Enquirer, a pan-European online publication covering multimedia content production.
He also regularly creates online textual and video content for websites of companies across Europe and writes for Photoshop User and occasionally contributes to Post Magazine. Erik has been a freelance writer for over a dozen IT-magazines in Great-Britain, Holland and Belgium.
He has written product reports on editorial systems, superwide format UV-curing inkjets, Postscript RIPs and DAM systems. From 1998 to 2004 Erik wrote the Administrator Guides for DMPartners’ linguistic search engine for publishers and WoodWing Software’s Enterprise 7 cross-media publishing system.
Up to 1990, Erik served as a solicitor at the Antwerp Bar Association and a lecturer at Vlekho, a university located in Brussels, where he bored post-graduate students with IT contracts law.
RedShark Review: Noise is a problem, especially with small-sensor cameras. VideoDenoise is a new $49 noise reduction plug-in for Final Cut Pro X and Premiere Pro from CrumplePop that claims to beat noise efficiently, using a simple interface. Erik Vlietinck tested it out alongside Red Giant’s Denoiser III and the older Photon Pro plug-in.
RedShark Review: The Italian-made AutoPan is a universal panning head that allows you to create panoramas, as well as focused slides of a subject. The device works with sliders and dollies and has multiple usage settings, including one where you use the head as a base for a rotating display.
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13259) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10730) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8713) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6686) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (6023) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1007) The Acer Predator 21 X: probably the most insane laptop money can buy
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1172) A brief guide to the most important image standards
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (2716) Thunderbolt 3 and the problems with peripherals
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (587) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1290) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]