Based in Holland and Belgium, Erik Vlietinck is the publisher of the IT Enquirer, a pan-European online publication covering multimedia content production.
He also regularly creates online textual and video content for websites of companies across Europe and writes for Photoshop User and occasionally contributes to Post Magazine. Erik has been a freelance writer for over a dozen IT-magazines in Great-Britain, Holland and Belgium.
He has written product reports on editorial systems, superwide format UV-curing inkjets, Postscript RIPs and DAM systems. From 1998 to 2004 Erik wrote the Administrator Guides for DMPartners’ linguistic search engine for publishers and WoodWing Software’s Enterprise 7 cross-media publishing system.
Up to 1990, Erik served as a solicitor at the Antwerp Bar Association and a lecturer at Vlekho, a university located in Brussels, where he bored post-graduate students with IT contracts law.
Audio mixing without any unforseen colouration of the sound is one of the most difficult aspects of mixing room setups. Erik Vlietink takes a look at the IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 system, which could make such headaches a thing of the past.
At Winter NAMM 2018, Sony’s pro audio group is showcasing its latest microphones designed for professional studio and home recording applications. These three new High-Resolution microphones build on Sony’s studio microphone heritage and continue its recent development of Hi-Res audio products.
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54245) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9717) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5490) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5155) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4863) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (361) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2534) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1103) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3448) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1658) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever