Based in Holland and Belgium, Erik Vlietinck is the publisher of the IT Enquirer, a pan-European online publication covering multimedia content production.
He also regularly creates online textual and video content for websites of companies across Europe and writes for Photoshop User and occasionally contributes to Post Magazine. Erik has been a freelance writer for over a dozen IT-magazines in Great-Britain, Holland and Belgium.
He has written product reports on editorial systems, superwide format UV-curing inkjets, Postscript RIPs and DAM systems. From 1998 to 2004 Erik wrote the Administrator Guides for DMPartners’ linguistic search engine for publishers and WoodWing Software’s Enterprise 7 cross-media publishing system.
Up to 1990, Erik served as a solicitor at the Antwerp Bar Association and a lecturer at Vlekho, a university located in Brussels, where he bored post-graduate students with IT contracts law.
Audio mixing without any unforseen colouration of the sound is one of the most difficult aspects of mixing room setups. Erik Vlietink takes a look at the IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 system, which could make such headaches a thing of the past.
At Winter NAMM 2018, Sony’s pro audio group is showcasing its latest microphones designed for professional studio and home recording applications. These three new High-Resolution microphones build on Sony’s studio microphone heritage and continue its recent development of Hi-Res audio products.
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29501) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24228) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12957) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12012) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8043) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (318) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (391) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1274) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1210) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (567) What are the most promising technologies we are waiting for?