Barry Braverman is a cinematographer with over thirty years experience in television documentaries and feature films. His credits include Wes Anderson’s MOONRISE KINGDOM (2012), THE DARJEELING LIMITED (2007), as well as National Geographic TV Specials, HBO ‘First Look’ and CBS News Sunday Morning. Braverman is a member of Hollywood’s cinematographer guild and regularly conducts multi-day camera and video storytelling workshops around the world, most recently in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As an author his new book VIDEO SHOOTER 3rd Edition (2013) from Focal Press will explore the art of video storytelling with the latest 2D and 3D cameras.
When I started in this business in the 1970s we shot film and we shot it happily and merrily and we did it progressively – frame by intermittent frame. Today a few decades later we professionals have been shooting progressive video frames for so long it's hard to imagine ever having shot interlaced pictures
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24613) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18241) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (15253) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11710) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (11487) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (599) Amazing motorsports footage in this weeks Social Media Follower of the Week!
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (606) Essentials of the Sony Venice: Workflow
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (1053) 8K is good, even for people who will never use it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1658) New lightweight and rugged high-end primes announced by Zeiss
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1260) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it