Barry Braverman is a cinematographer with over thirty years experience in television documentaries and feature films. His credits include Wes Anderson’s MOONRISE KINGDOM (2012), THE DARJEELING LIMITED (2007), as well as National Geographic TV Specials, HBO ‘First Look’ and CBS News Sunday Morning. Braverman is a member of Hollywood’s cinematographer guild and regularly conducts multi-day camera and video storytelling workshops around the world, most recently in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As an author his new book VIDEO SHOOTER 3rd Edition (2013) from Focal Press will explore the art of video storytelling with the latest 2D and 3D cameras.
When I started in this business in the 1970s we shot film and we shot it happily and merrily and we did it progressively – frame by intermittent frame. Today a few decades later we professionals have been shooting progressive video frames for so long it's hard to imagine ever having shot interlaced pictures
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61676) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17664) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15916) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8838) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4690) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (488) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1081) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (724) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1516) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3005) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head