Barry Braverman is a cinematographer with over thirty years experience in television documentaries and feature films. His credits include Wes Anderson’s MOONRISE KINGDOM (2012), THE DARJEELING LIMITED (2007), as well as National Geographic TV Specials, HBO ‘First Look’ and CBS News Sunday Morning. Braverman is a member of Hollywood’s cinematographer guild and regularly conducts multi-day camera and video storytelling workshops around the world, most recently in South Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As an author his new book VIDEO SHOOTER 3rd Edition (2013) from Focal Press will explore the art of video storytelling with the latest 2D and 3D cameras.
When I started in this business in the 1970s we shot film and we shot it happily and merrily and we did it progressively – frame by intermittent frame. Today a few decades later we professionals have been shooting progressive video frames for so long it's hard to imagine ever having shot interlaced pictures
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20590) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18107) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10894) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (245) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (936) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4842) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera