Andy has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
It has been a quite stunning 24 hours in the world of camera announcements, with Panavision’s surprise unveiling of the Millennium DXL2 8K built around a RED MONSTRO 8K VV sensor, and Light Iron color2 science (LiColor2) staking out the 8K high-end.
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54916) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (6701) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5724) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (5646) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5224) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (210) Working from home is a great idea. Until it isn't
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (610) Bright Tangerine makes a matte box so light weight that it fits on a drone
- Wednesday 20 Jun 2018 - (1082) You can now mount S35 lenses on a full-frame camera thanks to Fujifilm
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (1382) Adobe's dramatic new NLE strategy for the social media era
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (1193) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear