Andy has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
It has been a quite stunning 24 hours in the world of camera announcements, with Panavision’s surprise unveiling of the Millennium DXL2 8K built around a RED MONSTRO 8K VV sensor, and Light Iron color2 science (LiColor2) staking out the 8K high-end.
- Sunday 4 Mar 2018 - (46969) What's the difference between Consumer and Pro graphics cards?
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (30867) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (27846) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Monday 5 Mar 2018 - (16896) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4746) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Saturday 17 Mar 2018 - (733) Can we finally define what 'cinematic' is? [Opinion]
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1466) Sharp's 8C-B60A 8K camera: We see some exclusive new footage
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1683) Fiilex Q8 travel: The best variable colour LED light we've tested so far
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1186) CGI can make duvets as well as war machines
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018 - (1501) RedShark Review: Fujinon MK series cine zooms are a great option for aspiring filmmakers