Andy is Deputy Editor of RedShark. He has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
Those of us who were there and remember not bothering with sites that had jpegs on because they were too slow to load might ask why on Earth you'd want to, but there's no denying that an exhibition in London which recreates an Internet Cafe circa 1996, complete with barely functioning web, is an intriguing prospect.
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (11878) Working with resolutions above 4K: We interview renowned cinematographer Shane Hurlbut, ASC
- Saturday 10 Jun 2017 - (9641) White lens or black lens? There’s a reason
- Saturday 17 Jun 2017 - (8427) Just in case you doubted that 8K video is the new still photography...
- Friday 16 Jun 2017 - (7684) 5 Tips from top Colorist Warren Eagles
- Monday 12 Jun 2017 - (6722) HP’s Omen Accelerator will boost your laptop’s graphics
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (337) Sound Forge Pro Mac 3: new plugins and fabulous support for filmmakers
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (896) What is the best action camera to have in your kitbag?
- Thursday 22 Jun 2017 - (858) Adobe swoops for SkyBox to ramp up 360 toolset
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (2455) The home-brew return of anamorphic
- Wednesday 21 Jun 2017 - (1032) Netflix takes TV interactive