Andy is Deputy Editor of RedShark. He has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
Those of us who were there and remember not bothering with sites that had jpegs on because they were too slow to load might ask why on Earth you'd want to, but there's no denying that an exhibition in London which recreates an Internet Cafe circa 1996, complete with barely functioning web, is an intriguing prospect.
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13258) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10730) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8713) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6686) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (6023) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1007) The Acer Predator 21 X: probably the most insane laptop money can buy
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1169) A brief guide to the most important image standards
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (2714) Thunderbolt 3 and the problems with peripherals
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (587) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1290) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]