Andy has spent over two decades writing about all aspects of the broadcast and film industries for a variety of high-profile industry publications on both sides of the Atlantic. During that time the industry has moved from 4:3 SD to 16:9 SD to HD and now on to 4K HDR. He's getting kind of curious to see where it goes next.
Images and details of Google’s new Pixel 3 smartphone have been circulating the web for months now, but at its official unveiling it didn’t disappoint. And Google had a few other things to hand too…
Industry alliances are often fairly dull affairs, but this one is a bit more than that, Panasonic, Leica & Sigma stating that they will use the same L-Mount lens mount format for all their full-frame and APS-C cameras.
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19135) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10075) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10042) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9027) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6267) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (457) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (972) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (549) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1377) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2569) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience