Hasraf Dulull - known in the industry as HaZ, is a widely experienced freelance Visual Effects Supervisor and Director. He started his career in video games creating cinematic CG sequences before moving into Film Visual Effects and Compositing which later lead him to becoming a VFX Supervisor / Producer and being nominated for several awards for visual effects.
In his spare time he is also RedShark's senior VFX reporter.
The Beyond is the first feature film written, directed, produced and edited by long-standing RedShark contributor HaZ Dulull. Here he explains why he chose to complete the whole project, editing and all, in DaVinci Resolve 14.
Redshark’s VFX Reporter HaZ takes a trip to Montpelier to visit Dwarf Labs: a CGI animation studio in Montpellier, just off the French Mediterranean seashore. Dwarf’s ambition is to create world-class computer-generated imagery that appeals to audiences of all ages.
Redshark’s VFX Columnist -HaZ interviews the founder and man behind the VFX Learning Open Source Project, an idea that could well be a game changer in the visual effects industry especially as demand for talent is ever increasing
In Part 1 of this 3 part series about applying for Jobs in the VFX Industry, RedShark's reporter HaZ, uses his experience as a VFX Supervisor and Producer to explain what he looks for in the in an application: what really works to get his attention - and what turns him off
- Sunday 9 Dec 2018 - (100113) 11 things video editors wish they could say to camera operators and DOPs
- Sunday 2 Dec 2018 - (45102) HEVC/H.265: Everything you need to know
- Tuesday 11 Dec 2018 - (13518) Samsung's new 860 QVO SSDs could be the start of an SSD capacity revolution
- Friday 30 Nov 2018 - (9665) 2018 MacBook Pro: The mobile Apple workstation professionals have been waiting for?
- Thursday 29 Nov 2018 - (9586) A new RED camera makes owning a RED system more affordable
- Thursday 13 Dec 2018 - (4) Not just for VR: Volumetric video holds huge advantages for traditional video too
- Thursday 13 Dec 2018 - (859) 8K is here, but its true success or failure could hang on the humble HDMI cable
- Wednesday 12 Dec 2018 - (490) Odeon Leicester Square: How to upgrade one of the most famous cinemas in the world
- Wednesday 12 Dec 2018 - (1447) Turn motion smoothing off! Tom Cruise says the soap opera effect is bad.
- Wednesday 12 Dec 2018 - (1785) This could be the ultimate guide to production workflow