Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
RedShark Review: Phil Rhodes takes the opportunity of looking at DPA Microphones' new SCM0013-B lavalier clip to look at some radio mic gear and examine some of the choices that exist in the current market, especially at the high end.
The EBU's catchily-named TECH REPORT 038 has attempted to conduct a subjective evaluation of HLG for HDR and SDR distribution and concluded that it's just as good as PQ. The real story though looks to be about the bitrates broadcasters are going to typically allow for the signal.
- Sunday 18 Feb 2018 - (81236) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 11 Feb 2018 - (35761) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field
- Monday 19 Feb 2018 - (7878) 6 great things we've discovered about DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 15 Feb 2018 - (5975) You've never seen New York like this: Phil Holland used 3x 8K MONSTRO cameras for this shoot
- Friday 9 Feb 2018 - (5595) Will the Alexa LF make large-format the new normal?
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (1130) Panasonic announces the worlds first 8K, 60 fps, HDR global shutter CMOS
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (431) How to set up a neutral-sounding edit room with IK Multimedia's ARC 2.5 system
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (778) Will VR affect the fate of the world?
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (767) Here are some important tips for good framing and staging
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (889) Everything you need to know about colour resolution