Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Upcoming RED and Sony cameras are set to offer us some truly enormous slabs of silicon, something that the world seems only too ready to enthuse about, given the huge imaging performance represented by such a large number of such large pixels. Are we at the limits of practical size?
Playing with numbers: This years IBC, while not giving us wall to wall announcements, was possibly a coming of age for the promotion of new technology, with an emphasis on benefits and usability rather than bombarding us with complex numbers and figures. Phil Rhodes gives us his verdict on IBC 2017.
RedShark at IBC 2017: AI will take over the world, and cameras are now all very good. This might seem like a statement of the obvious, but a measure of how far things have come can be seen by the latest developments. Phil Rhodes gives us his roundup of day three at IBC.
RedShark at IBC 2017: While the primary attention has been reserved for Sony's high-powered Venice camera, which had its European unveiling at IBC earlier today, there's something else going on which is, technologically, at least as interesting. The UHC-8300.
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35287) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33244) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8298) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7064) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (6461) This is the most impressive photo of a cat taken on a phone we have ever seen
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (374) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1921) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (2486) Significant performance increases are promised with Intel's 9th Gen. Coffee Lake refresh
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (3855) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (5402) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?