Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Inevitably whenever a new piece of tech is introduced into consumer electronics, it can start us on a journey to opening up new possibilities for other applications. The facial capture on the iPhone X is no exception as this video shows.
The quality of the light that you utlise for shooting is important. But even the best lights cannot overcome the limitations of your own ability to judge colour. Phil Rhodes looks at situations where accurate colour reproduction could be problematic, and why full spectrum light is so essential.
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35295) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33244) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8307) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7076) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (6462) This is the most impressive photo of a cat taken on a phone we have ever seen
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (396) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1981) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (2516) Significant performance increases are promised with Intel's 9th Gen. Coffee Lake refresh
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (3886) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (5479) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?