Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Review: The lowly tripod is often forgotten amongst the excitement of new camera releases. But Vinten has managed to design a tripod with truly revolutionary features in the form of its Flowtech range. Phil Rhodes takes a detailed look at this most important of gear pieces.
Ampere Computing's recently announced eMAG CPU gives us an enticing thought that maybe, just maybe we might be getting close to a time when we could self build an ARM based workstation. Whether we could actually run any known OS on it is quite another question however...
Handheld camera ergonomics, it has to be said, are not exactly great at the moment. A box with a thousand extra parts attached isn't the best way to stay mobile and work fast. But if ENG and documentary are your thing, there could be a solution out there that is vastly overlooked.
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20582) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18088) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10880) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6672) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6435) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (372) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (742) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (491) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4414) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
- Monday 24 Jun 2019 - (1051) What the Final Fantasy VII remake tells us about the future of CG