Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Why is a Sony camcorder like the PXW-Z280 with a huge zoom lens priced less than a good individual zoom lens for a large sensor camera? The reasons are more complex than you might think, but technology could bode well for the future of affordable glass.
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20582) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18084) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10877) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6670) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6434) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (353) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (719) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (484) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4339) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
- Monday 24 Jun 2019 - (1048) What the Final Fantasy VII remake tells us about the future of CG