Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
We know big chips are better for light capture and dynamic range. But does a larger chip produce a quantifiably better picture geometry than a smaller one? Can we even define what those extra qualities are? Phil Rhodes investigates whether it can be proven, or whether it is all just hot air.
When it comes to filming, the camera you own is often not as important as the support gear you have. Phil Rhodes investigates some of the most important parts of the equipment bag you shouldn't be without, while avoiding giving your bank account cause for concern.
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35288) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33244) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8298) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7066) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (6461) This is the most impressive photo of a cat taken on a phone we have ever seen
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (375) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1926) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (2490) Significant performance increases are promised with Intel's 9th Gen. Coffee Lake refresh
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (3857) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (5407) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?