Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
During our live broadcast on the subject of HDR earlier this year, a viewer asked a question about the difference between and the exact meaning of two terms which are commonly used side-by-side but don't technically have much to do with one another. Here's the explanation.
The dark is rising: As a reminder that not everything is done in post these days, Phil Rhodes looks at the problem of getting darkness just right in your productions.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47598) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8506) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7751) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7018) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5291) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (44) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (362) Ignite Express: a very capable set of free plugins
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (775) When a lens is more than just a lens: Introducing ZEISS eXtended Data [Sponsored]
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (702) How the DSLR revolution changed the way we look at cameras — part 2
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (554) The Core SWX Bolt 250 - smaller and lighter, it's the ideal on camera light