Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Batteries with better performance than the currently available Li-Ion bricks aren’t exactly around the corner, but new findings hint at a huge step forward in battery technology. Two scientists are working on a solid-state battery based on glass and sodium. Will someone pass me the salt, please?
Rolling shutter is an issue at all levels of camerawork. One solution to get rid of it though is to synchronise the light frequency to the camera, and one of the few lights that actually accepts a synchronising signal from a camera is Outsight's Creamsource LED panels.
RedShark Review: Short zooms often cover the 18 to 55mm range; whether they're intended for stills or motion picture use, they're workhorses. So, Fujinon’s release of the E-mount MK 18-55mm lens for cameras with Super-35mm sensors is going to be a good fit for a lot of people.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47598) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8506) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7751) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7018) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5292) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (74) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (364) Ignite Express: a very capable set of free plugins
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (780) When a lens is more than just a lens: Introducing ZEISS eXtended Data [Sponsored]
- Thursday 21 Sep 2017 - (704) How the DSLR revolution changed the way we look at cameras — part 2
- Wednesday 20 Sep 2017 - (555) The Core SWX Bolt 250 - smaller and lighter, it's the ideal on camera light