Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Anyone who's ever found themselves holding a camera in one hand, a microphone in the other, and holding the slate between their teeth will understand why films need crew. Throwing more people at the problem is an obvious solution, if you can afford it, but for some reason it's something that smaller productions often seem loath to do, even when there's money
Phil Rhodes takes an indepth first look at the new ARRI Amira
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5094) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (225) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (518) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1653) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1390) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4139) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?