Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Phil Rhodes takes an indepth first look at the new ARRI Amira
Sone very nice still images from the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera have appeared on the Blackmagic Forum. Our in-house Cinematographer, Phil Rhodes, casts an experienced eye over them
We were first with the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera but until now we haven't reviewed the original Blackmagic Cinema Camera. Here's Phil Rhodes' take on this fascinating device, which is now available for $1,000 less than the original price
Blackmagic's cameras are bringing a raw workflow to an uprecedented number of people, and also highllighting the difference between raw and "standard" ("Rec 709) video - the stuff we've been used to up to now. If it seems complicated, it will be a little bit less so once you've read Phil Rhodes' article.
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35478) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33292) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8403) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7243) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (6558) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (435) The iPhone XS series is now definitively the fastest smartphone you can buy
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (560) Sony tells us its vision for content delivery
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2134) We pay homage to some of the greatest 'long takes' in cinema
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1066) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2787) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]