Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Somehow, I managed to overlook the fact that last month saw the death of Bryce E. Bayer, the man who decided that the best way to make a single-chip colour imaging sensor was to silk-screen a pattern of coloured filters on the front
As we saw in my previous article on sensor technology, we can now build sensors with enormous numbers attached to them - if not trivially, at least reliably. Given that current 4K sensors are more than adequate to replace 35mm film in terms of sheer resolution, we need to be careful about turning this into a numbers game.
I recently encountered a thread on one of my favourite forums in which someone was asking for opinions on a Canon EOS-60D package he'd seen on ebay. This package included the 60D body and extras including three lenses including a battery, charger, flash cards, various filters and diopters, cleaning kit, tripod, and more. All of this was neatly photographed and posted for sale on Ebay by a vendor we'll call, in order to protect the guilty, Pretty Cheap Digital, based in New York
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33474) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (30977) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29089) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (24930) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (8044) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (667) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (669) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles
- Thursday 14 Dec 2017 - (2463) Final Cut Pro X 10.4 now unleashed
- Thursday 14 Dec 2017 - (852) How we capture images in the future will be like nothing we can imagine
- Thursday 14 Dec 2017 - (1517) Fiilex new LED lights are ideal for small studios