Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
All future predictions thought that by now cheap solid state storage would be normal, and that traditional mechanical HDDs would be a thing of the past. How wrong they were. Phil Rhodes looks at why this is, and how traditional hard drives have seen a lot more development recently that you might have expected.
For many camera ops the idea of owning an Alexa is simply an unrealistic dream. But is it? Phil Rhodes shows how mere mortals could in fact own one of these legendary cameras, and what the benefits and disadvantages of doing so would bring.
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35295) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33244) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8303) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7068) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (6461) This is the most impressive photo of a cat taken on a phone we have ever seen
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (393) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1965) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (2507) Significant performance increases are promised with Intel's 9th Gen. Coffee Lake refresh
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (3877) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (5455) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?