Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
We know big chips are better for light capture and dynamic range. But does a larger chip produce a quantifiably better picture geometry than a smaller one? Can we even define what those extra qualities are? Phil Rhodes investigates whether it can be proven, or whether it is all just hot air.
When it comes to filming, the camera you own is often not as important as the support gear you have. Phil Rhodes investigates some of the most important parts of the equipment bag you shouldn't be without, while avoiding giving your bank account cause for concern.
Inevitably whenever a new piece of tech is introduced into consumer electronics, it can start us on a journey to opening up new possibilities for other applications. The facial capture on the iPhone X is no exception as this video shows.
- Sunday 18 Feb 2018 - (81236) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 11 Feb 2018 - (35761) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field
- Monday 19 Feb 2018 - (7876) 6 great things we've discovered about DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 15 Feb 2018 - (5975) You've never seen New York like this: Phil Holland used 3x 8K MONSTRO cameras for this shoot
- Friday 9 Feb 2018 - (5595) Will the Alexa LF make large-format the new normal?
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (1124) Panasonic announces the worlds first 8K, 60 fps, HDR global shutter CMOS
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (431) How to set up a neutral-sounding edit room with IK Multimedia's ARC 2.5 system
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (777) Will VR affect the fate of the world?
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (767) Here are some important tips for good framing and staging
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (888) Everything you need to know about colour resolution