Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Feature films of days gone past were really quite grainy compared to the pictures produced by a modern digital camera. We didn't complain too much then and just accepted it as part of the look. Should we be placing less emphasis on noise if it means a more emotionally resonant picture is produced?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20582) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18085) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10877) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6671) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6434) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (355) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (726) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (485) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4359) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera
- Monday 24 Jun 2019 - (1049) What the Final Fantasy VII remake tells us about the future of CG