Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
He was the first production sound recordist, and he was the first ever production sound mixer. Without his work, movie sound techniques as we know them might not have existed. This is a look back on one of the most important people in film sound, George Robert Groves.
Metadata was to be one of the big time savers of video and film production. But how effectively it works depends on how good the data that went into it was in the first place. Enter machine learning and AI, which could eventually provide the ultimate in fast and fluid searches for video.
- Saturday 12 Oct 2019 - (16632) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Saturday 5 Oct 2019 - (9901) Video isn't video without sound
- Sunday 13 Oct 2019 - (7755) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Tuesday 15 Oct 2019 - (7167) This is a classic lens that should be in everyone's collection
- Tuesday 8 Oct 2019 - (5533) Apple releases major new updates to macOS and FCP X
- Thursday 17 Oct 2019 - (171) Minority report style interfaces just took a step closer to reality
- Thursday 17 Oct 2019 - (289) Find out how Adobe Premiere helped bring Terminator: Dark Fate to life [sponsored]
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (595) Monogram launch clever new modular work surfaces
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (2645) These could be the most important filters you buy
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (634) Music Vine pivots to subscription model