Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Now, *this* is how to create a TV ident. Radiodiffusion-Télévision Française's original Eurovision logo was mixed in live from a camera pointed at a cat's cradle of string. Phil Rhodes reckons the all-pervasiveness of CGI means we've lost something along the way.
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13155) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10635) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8551) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6610) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5971) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (369) A brief guide to the most important image standards
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1506) Thunderbolt 3 and the problems with peripherals
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (410) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (991) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1837) DJI Spark: the new entry level consumer drone