Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Plasma displays were once the creme-de-la-creme of television technology. With deep blacks and great colour, they could rival CRTs at a time when a lot of the LCD technology at the time was often seen as less than inspiring. But did the plasma display ever have a real future?
Review: Wooden Camera's D-Box aims to allow camera users much more control and versatility over power distribution. Whether you're running wireless receivers or mounting to a Steadicam, this is an accessory that solves a number of issues.
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49587) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17510) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12664) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (6240) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5810) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 7 Dec 2019 - (201) How to use Resolve's Cut Page for multi-angle editing
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (626) The quality of your cables really does matter
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (2401) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (950) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (872) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!