Phil Rhodes is a Cinematographer, Technologist, Writer and above all Communicator. Never afraid to speak his mind, and always worth listening to, he's a frequent contributor to RedShark.
Review: Wireless focus devices are usually a dream item for a large proportion of filmmakers on low budgets. No longer. Phil Rhodes looks at a new remote focus system, the PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3, that promises power without the usual associated costs.
The world is currently rich with monitors boasting all sorts of amazing specifications. Eizo’s ColorEdge CS2740 was announced around the end of last year and is described as “now shipping,” so if you’ve felt hampered by the mere 2560-pixel-wide image on an existing 27” display, you can now have one that will give you all 3840 at once.
Film and television involves people travelling around the world, gathering in groups of new acquaintances, then going home again. Few groups, except airline cabin crews, are better placed to help a virus infect the world. It might not be completely unreasonable that a lot of film production has shut down, but it does create a pretty rough situation for a lot of freelancers.
Police, Camera, Stop! Why are journalists and camera users still being prevented from using cameras in public places despite official guidelines from senior police officers?
Review: Blackmagic Design has a well deserved reputation for building gear that performs well in excess of its price tag. Phil Rhodes takes a look at the Video Assist 7" 12G HDR, a monitor/recorder that would appear to provide more brightness than you'll ever need. Let's take a closer look.
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61678) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17666) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15919) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8840) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4692) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (500) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1089) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (729) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1522) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3013) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head