After working in the broadcast industry for more than a decade Mark McCarthy set up SPARKY FILM, a production company producing a range of dynamic and affordable video content around the world.
Follow us at @SPARKYFILM
RedShark Review: Obtaining the ideal balance between ergonomic comfort and practical control of a camera is something that wer are constantly refining. The Master Grip handle system from Arri is an attempt at offering the ultimate in control over camera functions, with all major functions available at your fingertips. Mark McCarthy from Sparky Film gives us his view from a practical perspective.
Large-sensor cameras are here to stay, but to get the best results, they need a different type of technique, and, usually, different lenses. The simple fact is that cinematography is a quite separate art to the process of video gathering for real-world events. Here's an adapter that makes it possible to use a large sensor camera more llike an ENG device
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47764) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8613) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7923) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7129) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5417) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Saturday 23 Sep 2017 - (92) How to travel with your drone
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (880) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (799) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1098) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4428) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE