After working in the broadcast industry for more than a decade Mark McCarthy set up SPARKY FILM, a production company producing a range of dynamic and affordable video content around the world.
Follow us at @SPARKYFILM
RedShark Review: Obtaining the ideal balance between ergonomic comfort and practical control of a camera is something that wer are constantly refining. The Master Grip handle system from Arri is an attempt at offering the ultimate in control over camera functions, with all major functions available at your fingertips. Mark McCarthy from Sparky Film gives us his view from a practical perspective.
Large-sensor cameras are here to stay, but to get the best results, they need a different type of technique, and, usually, different lenses. The simple fact is that cinematography is a quite separate art to the process of video gathering for real-world events. Here's an adapter that makes it possible to use a large sensor camera more llike an ENG device
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (18924) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (9920) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (9703) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (8807) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6203) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (471) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience
- Wednesday 17 Oct 2018 - (613) Teradek gives new graphics power to live streamers
- Wednesday 17 Oct 2018 - (702) We are getting closer to being able to build a big, bad ARM based workstation, assuming we could ever get software for it!
- Wednesday 17 Oct 2018 - (1612) The real reason why we pay high prices for high-end gear
- Tuesday 16 Oct 2018 - (1910) This is how the first DV cameras changed video production forever