After working in the broadcast industry for more than a decade Mark McCarthy set up SPARKY FILM, a production company producing a range of dynamic and affordable video content around the world.
Follow us at @SPARKYFILM
RedShark Review: Obtaining the ideal balance between ergonomic comfort and practical control of a camera is something that wer are constantly refining. The Master Grip handle system from Arri is an attempt at offering the ultimate in control over camera functions, with all major functions available at your fingertips. Mark McCarthy from Sparky Film gives us his view from a practical perspective.
Large-sensor cameras are here to stay, but to get the best results, they need a different type of technique, and, usually, different lenses. The simple fact is that cinematography is a quite separate art to the process of video gathering for real-world events. Here's an adapter that makes it possible to use a large sensor camera more llike an ENG device
- Sunday 4 Mar 2018 - (46969) What's the difference between Consumer and Pro graphics cards?
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (30867) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (27845) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Monday 5 Mar 2018 - (16895) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4746) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Saturday 17 Mar 2018 - (731) Can we finally define what 'cinematic' is? [Opinion]
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1462) Sharp's 8C-B60A 8K camera: We see some exclusive new footage
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1681) Fiilex Q8 travel: The best variable colour LED light we've tested so far
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1182) CGI can make duvets as well as war machines
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018 - (1497) RedShark Review: Fujinon MK series cine zooms are a great option for aspiring filmmakers