We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sim’s Media Shuttle portal improves workflow and client services during production of Syfy’s Krypton [sponsored]
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
- Sunday 11 Nov 2018 - (180598) In Pursuit Of Excellence: The RØDE Microphone Story
- Sunday 4 Nov 2018 - (42797) Enjoy your digital films and videos while you can... before they disappear
- Wednesday 7 Nov 2018 - (8195) The Dell Precision 7730 could be the fastest performing mobile workstation available today
- Friday 2 Nov 2018 - (7458) Panasonic's new "organic" 8K HDR camera is revolutionary
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (5366) Samsung Infinity Flex Display: The foldable screens are finally here
- Friday 16 Nov 2018 - (297) RAID is not a backup system
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (453) Deeyah Khan: An inspiring filmmaker confronting the enemy
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (2511) Somehow, G-Technology has made an external drive that's as fast as a Macbook Pro's internal drive. And it's cheaper.
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (969) Viltrox EF-M2: A Speed Booster on a budget
- Wednesday 14 Nov 2018 - (2475) Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve with over 30 new features