We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
Live television broadcasting is a high pressure environment on the best of days. But it puts a whole new perspective on things when you read this account of working in the BBC's VTR department back in the day. We've never had it so good! By Guest Author Simon Anthony
When it comes to war films, there’s no better way to add authenticity than by shooting a nerve-wrenching epic battle sequence in the sky. It’s something producer and DP at Stray Dog Films, Matt Whyte, knows all too well.
Sim’s Media Shuttle portal improves workflow and client services during production of Syfy’s Krypton [sponsored]
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (40050) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13228) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6651) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4541) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4014) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Saturday 16 Nov 2019 - (140) Whatever happened to plasma displays?
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (548) These are documentary filmmakers who risk their lives to tell a story
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (783) The Teradek Bolt 4K is "the next best thing to plug-and-play"
- Friday 15 Nov 2019 - (577) Zeiss adds controlled flares to Prime range
- Thursday 14 Nov 2019 - (661) Intense pressure and danger: The Rory Peck Awards recognises the best documentary and current affairs filmmakers