We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
It is vital to determine well in advance of heading to any location — regardless of the pressure of demanding clients or real-world danger — the specific gear I’m going to need to accomplish my mission. And there’s only one effective way to do that: reverse engineering. By Jody Eldred.
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24516) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18047) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (14404) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11400) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (10060) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (416) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1007) Six great tips for lighting on a very low budget
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 - (1615) eGPUs give huge performance increases on the Mac. If you use the right software
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 - (714) RedShark's comprehensive video guide to the Sony Venice: Delving deeper
- Wednesday 23 May 2018 - (512) Don't miss the Media Production Show on the 12th - 13th June! [sponsored]