We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to firstname.lastname@example.org
When it comes to war films, there’s no better way to add authenticity than by shooting a nerve-wrenching epic battle sequence in the sky. It’s something producer and DP at Stray Dog Films, Matt Whyte, knows all too well.
Sim’s Media Shuttle portal improves workflow and client services during production of Syfy’s Krypton [sponsored]
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35550) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17947) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11247) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7726) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6376) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (1597) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (786) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (525) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (797) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1203) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film