We're on the look-out for new writing talent to join the RedShark line-up.
Send your proposals, outlines or complete articles to email@example.com
Live television broadcasting is a high pressure environment on the best of days. But it puts a whole new perspective on things when you read this account of working in the BBC's VTR department back in the day. We've never had it so good! By Guest Author Simon Anthony
When it comes to war films, there’s no better way to add authenticity than by shooting a nerve-wrenching epic battle sequence in the sky. It’s something producer and DP at Stray Dog Films, Matt Whyte, knows all too well.
Sim’s Media Shuttle portal improves workflow and client services during production of Syfy’s Krypton [sponsored]
Where can we look to get a sense of the future of workflow production for scripted episodic programming? The designs and projects of Jesse Korosi, Director of Workflow Services at SIM Digital International, and his team of producers, supervisors, technicians and developers have become trusted models for many in the industry.
The open source 3D content creation application Blender has reached another milestone. Version 2.79 will be the last in the 2.7x series and thus the current stable release for months to come. It features a shadow catcher, denoiser and the „Disney BSDF“ for Cycles, lots of fixes for Alembic, Grease Pencil improvements and much more. By Gottfried Hofmann.
News broke recently that Final Cut Pro 7 will no longer work with the upcoming release of macOS 10.13 High Sierra. While this should be hardly surprising given that the last major release of the software was eight years ago, Final Cut Pro certainly turned the post production market on its head upon its release. Arthur Ditner looks back at a few fond Final Cut Classic memories.
RedShark Review: What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. With the popular editing software sold to Magix Software, many were in doubt as to its long term future. Now the company has shown its hand in what promises to be a major overhaul. Dave Smith from Australian Video Camera takes a closer look at this eagerly awaited upgrade.
RedShark review: Deep insight. SGO - makers of the high end finishing editorial solution Mistika has recently released a free edition of their system: Mistika Insight, which can now be downloaded from their website. Arthur Ditner takes a closer look at what the package has to offer.
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31431) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20673) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11966) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (239) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (772) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2452) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (759) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6612) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices