David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
This Tuesday evening, 25th June 2019, RedShark is hosting an evening of advice and know-how about live streaming and how to produce content for it. Confirmed panellists include Alex Hobern, new media expert and winner of UK Channel 4's The Circle. If you're in Berlin or can get there by Tuesday evening, there's free food and drinks, and a live demonstration of the latest in streaming technology
If you are a regular follower of RedShark News you would have seen our enthusiastic reports on the current state of LED lighting technology at NAB 2019 last month. Thanks to advances in LED technology, super-efficient and low-cost lighting products for video production are now mainstream.
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49605) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17534) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12680) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (6677) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5848) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 7 Dec 2019 - (415) How to use Resolve's Cut Page for multi-angle editing
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (840) The quality of your cables really does matter
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (2874) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (1069) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (975) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!