David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
In an exclusive interview, RedShark Editor in Chief David Shapton chats with Graeme Nattress from RED about the epic journey the company has made, and the complexities of designing a revolutionary video camera. This is an introduction to a further four part series.
We don't normally write about distribution deals in RedShark, but this is a big one. Atomos has appointed a new distributor in the US. We'd expect this to mean better availablity, service and support. And there's an open day for anyone within reach of Culver City
Last week saw the arrival of several new and significant cameras, all with different - even contradictory - approaches to making high-end cinema pictures.
The RED HYDROGEN phone has a glasses-free 3D screen that works from all angles. It has an equally revolutionary audio system. And it's a modular platform for expansion into - who knows? Almost certainly a cinema-quality camera. And you'll be able to buy it unlocked before the summer
- Sunday 4 Mar 2018 - (46947) What's the difference between Consumer and Pro graphics cards?
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (30843) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (27805) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Monday 5 Mar 2018 - (16885) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 2 Mar 2018 - (9865) Buying your own Alexa is much easier than you think
- Saturday 17 Mar 2018 - (491) Can we finally define what 'cinematic' is? [Opinion]
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1229) Sharp's 8C-B60A 8K camera: We see some exclusive new footage
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1484) Fiilex Q8 travel: The best variable colour LED light we've tested so far
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1106) CGI can make duvets as well as war machines
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018 - (1398) RedShark Review: Fujinon MK series cine zooms are a great option for aspiring filmmakers