David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
With a brand-new model of camera, flown in direct from the factory, you'd probably want to break it in gently. Unless you're Brett Danton. In which case, you push it to within an inch of its life, and get some amazing footage in the process
I've just seen what I can confidently say is the future of TV. It's Samsung's Wall: a TV screen that's made from tiles of micro LEDs.
Every year at IBC we make awards to those companies who we think have made significant advances, or that have introduced groundbreaking new technology into the industry. Sometimes the advancements seem subtle, but what they offer is something much more than the sum of their parts. This is our roundup of this years winners of the IBC 2019 RedShark Awards.
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39936) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13030) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6544) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4062) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3810) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (87) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (408) Intel introduces 10th Gen Comet Lake U and Y series
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (605) Grading on the move with the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (582) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (904) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active filmmaker in mind