David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
They only had one chance at a take. The BBC's news item about a recent experimental recording of an orchestral piece direct to vinyl shows just how affectionately we still view the medium. But did it offer any advantages over digital, and did it prove anything?
- Saturday 14 Oct 2017 - (263495) FPGAs: the processing miracle in our video tech
- Friday 13 Oct 2017 - (10138) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (8275) RED surprises everyone with a new full-frame 8K sensor: meet Monstro 8K VV
- Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 - (4885) In the future you may be able to print your own camera
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (3959) The return of vintage lenses and uncoated optics
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (205) CalDigit AV Pro 2 is a neat storage and connectivity hub
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (1048) Why the Pimax 8K headset could be a future game changer
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (2817) The remarkable robots that are transforming filmmaking
- Monday 16 Oct 2017 - (586) Tilta cage for a Red DSMC2 cameras has great potential: first impressions
- Monday 16 Oct 2017 - (2638) One giant leap for hard disk capacity