David is the Editor In Chief of RedShark Publications. He's been a professional columnist and author since 1998, when he started writing for the European Music Technology magazine Sound on Sound. David has worked with professional digital audio and video for the last 25 years.
Consumers have chosen to spend their time watching video on demand. But this massive change in viewing habits hasn’t distracted one of the main players, Netflix, from their mission to be right at the cutting edge of content production for the new age of television.
Don't miss the next RedShark Connect event on Monday 17th September in the vibrant and original city of Amsterdam. It's your chance to meet one-to-one with RED, Fujinon, Atomos, G-Technology, Adobe and Dell, all in a convivial rooftop loft space with spectacular night-time views over Amsterdam. Tickets are selling fast!
We’re in Berlin at the IFA trade show for consumer electronics. This is the place where you can find tumble driers in the same exhibition hall as cutting-edge 8K TVs. But it didn’t disappoint. The world has changed with the arrival of Samsung’s first range of consumer 8K TVs.
With the launch of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera rapidly approaching, Blackmagic is preparing the ground with some footage from early users. Here, we see a demonstration of skin tones from the eagerly awaited antipodean camera
A miniature 4K camera that's good enough for feature films? We reveal all. Watch the recording of RedShark Live
- Friday 7 Sep 2018 - (35483) We've tried the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K. Here's all you need to know
- Saturday 8 Sep 2018 - (33294) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8405) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7254) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (6579) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (486) The iPhone XS series is now definitively the fastest smartphone you can buy
- Wednesday 19 Sep 2018 - (570) Sony tells us its vision for content delivery
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2189) We pay homage to some of the greatest 'long takes' in cinema
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (1079) We could be seeing the end of Moore's Law, but not for the reasons you think
- Tuesday 18 Sep 2018 - (2798) Smartphones are now a serious photography tool [opinion]