... is an award winning Brooklyn-based filmmaker and writer whose first celluloid love was “Godzilla.” Since age 9, he’s been chasing monsters and men, camera in hand. His chief inspirations are classic German Expressionist cinema, the free-wheeling creativity of Terry Gilliam, and the fog-shrouded forests of his New Hampshire birthplace. Through his films, Peter strives to unlock the experience of "ecstatic cinema" -- a viewing experience that challenges, delights, and sweeps up the audience in equal measures. His work has appeared in American Cinematographer, Red Shark News, various broadcast networks, and various festivals around the world.
Too many cooks spoiling the broth. A complex edit can be a handful enough on its own, but when you add in multiple collaborators things can get complicated very quickly. Peter Haas gives us his essential tips on managing more complicated workflows in the edit room.
There are times when working in an office with the latest hardware isn't an option. It could be that you're being brought out to the field so you can begin editing as soon as possible, or maybe you're going on holiday but need to bring your edit with you. Peter Haas takes a look at some truly portable options.
Anyone who has spent time in the editing room can quickly identify the hallmarks of the stereotypical post-production environment: a small, dark, windowless room in which the air conditioning is usually turned up to eleven. Being in post also means spending long hours sitting in front of a computer, gripping mice, and clicking away at keyboards, all of which can be both physically and physiologically daunting. How can we make this task a much more pleasant one?
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19132) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10073) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10038) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9025) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6266) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (446) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (964) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (545) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1375) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2539) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience