... is an award winning Brooklyn-based filmmaker and writer whose first celluloid love was “Godzilla.” Since age 9, he’s been chasing monsters and men, camera in hand. His chief inspirations are classic German Expressionist cinema, the free-wheeling creativity of Terry Gilliam, and the fog-shrouded forests of his New Hampshire birthplace. Through his films, Peter strives to unlock the experience of "ecstatic cinema" -- a viewing experience that challenges, delights, and sweeps up the audience in equal measures. His work has appeared in American Cinematographer, Red Shark News, various broadcast networks, and various festivals around the world.
There are times when working in an office with the latest hardware isn't an option. It could be that you're being brought out to the field so you can begin editing as soon as possible, or maybe you're going on holiday but need to bring your edit with you. Peter Haas takes a look at some truly portable options.
Anyone who has spent time in the editing room can quickly identify the hallmarks of the stereotypical post-production environment: a small, dark, windowless room in which the air conditioning is usually turned up to eleven. Being in post also means spending long hours sitting in front of a computer, gripping mice, and clicking away at keyboards, all of which can be both physically and physiologically daunting. How can we make this task a much more pleasant one?
The Sony PMW-PZ1 is an intriguing compact deck for the company's XAVC memory camcorder ecosystem. Correctly marketed as “4K playback for everyone,” the deck is a convenient and flexible alternative to an expensive high-powered laptop to review and backup your digital footage.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47355) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11663) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 5 Sep 2017 - (11464) Sony RX0: probably the best action cam so far!
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8263) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7318) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (956) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (617) Avid’s MediaCentral promises to speed up collaborative workflows
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (579) RØDE goes wireless for vocal performance
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (1148) Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (2560) The latest from Blackmagic Design at IBC 2017 [video]