... is an award winning Brooklyn-based filmmaker and writer whose first celluloid love was “Godzilla.” Since age 9, he’s been chasing monsters and men, camera in hand. His chief inspirations are classic German Expressionist cinema, the free-wheeling creativity of Terry Gilliam, and the fog-shrouded forests of his New Hampshire birthplace. Through his films, Peter strives to unlock the experience of "ecstatic cinema" -- a viewing experience that challenges, delights, and sweeps up the audience in equal measures. His work has appeared in American Cinematographer, Red Shark News, various broadcast networks, and various festivals around the world.
Too many cooks spoiling the broth. A complex edit can be a handful enough on its own, but when you add in multiple collaborators things can get complicated very quickly. Peter Haas gives us his essential tips on managing more complicated workflows in the edit room.
There are times when working in an office with the latest hardware isn't an option. It could be that you're being brought out to the field so you can begin editing as soon as possible, or maybe you're going on holiday but need to bring your edit with you. Peter Haas takes a look at some truly portable options.
Anyone who has spent time in the editing room can quickly identify the hallmarks of the stereotypical post-production environment: a small, dark, windowless room in which the air conditioning is usually turned up to eleven. Being in post also means spending long hours sitting in front of a computer, gripping mice, and clicking away at keyboards, all of which can be both physically and physiologically daunting. How can we make this task a much more pleasant one?
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15106) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13393) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4731) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4720) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4220) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (147) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (466) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (611) Self-shooting for documentaries is a vastly under-appreciated skillset
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (857) Wooden Camera's D-Box will be an essential accessory for some users
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (1598) Building a workstation - how do you choose what memory to use?