Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
With all its high-profile and international presence, you may be forgiven for thinking Røde is a giant multinational company, but in fact it is a relatively small family operation and one that has just released four new products simultaneously, a first for the Australian firm.
Some readers may remember a piece RedSharkNews published in 2013 detailing the camera rig I built up from parts collected from all over the world. In keeping with this theme, I recently purchased an Atomos Ninja Star portable ProRes recorder to give my three year-old Sony HD ‘hybrid’ a new lease of life.
RedShark Replay: This article is nearly two years old now and, as we all know, the industry moves a bit faster than that. But, for anyone that's watched our new Resolve tutorials, this story about one man's quest to put together a smooth, responsive system to run it on a budget will still have resonance.
Replay: This is one of our older articles, so some info may be dated. However it offers a fascinating insight into the company. Craig Marshall visits RØDE's headquarters in Sydney for RedShark and finds out what it takes to make high quality microphones that sell worldwide
Over the past year, I’ve been assembling a great little modular HD video camera which can be used on a tripod, on your shoulder or stripped down for light weight ‘run-n-gun’ applications. It suits both high end ‘pro-sumer’ as well as ‘professional’ HD video applications and I’d like to now share my results with you. A special project report from RedShark contributor Craig Marshall.
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90712) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22415) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8549) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7921) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1144) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1193) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2955) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4963) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.