Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
Craig Marshall updates his enormously popular article, How to build a system to run Resolve - on a shoestring, by spending a bit of his hard-earned cash on a rather necessary GPU upgrade.
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90711) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58017) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22413) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8548) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7917) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1134) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1191) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2950) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4951) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.