Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
Craig Marshall updates his enormously popular article, How to build a system to run Resolve - on a shoestring, by spending a bit of his hard-earned cash on a rather necessary GPU upgrade.
With all its high-profile and international presence, you may be forgiven for thinking Røde is a giant multinational company, but in fact it is a relatively small family operation and one that has just released four new products simultaneously, a first for the Australian firm.
Some readers may remember a piece RedSharkNews published in 2013 detailing the camera rig I built up from parts collected from all over the world. In keeping with this theme, I recently purchased an Atomos Ninja Star portable ProRes recorder to give my three year-old Sony HD ‘hybrid’ a new lease of life.
RedShark Replay: This article is nearly two years old now and, as we all know, the industry moves a bit faster than that. But, for anyone that's watched our new Resolve tutorials, this story about one man's quest to put together a smooth, responsive system to run it on a budget will still have resonance.
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24613) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18241) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (15257) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11711) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (11501) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (617) Amazing motorsports footage in this weeks Social Media Follower of the Week!
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (611) Essentials of the Sony Venice: Workflow
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (1057) 8K is good, even for people who will never use it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1663) New lightweight and rugged high-end primes announced by Zeiss
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1264) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it