Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
Craig Marshall updates his enormously popular article, How to build a system to run Resolve - on a shoestring, by spending a bit of his hard-earned cash on a rather necessary GPU upgrade.
With all its high-profile and international presence, you may be forgiven for thinking Røde is a giant multinational company, but in fact it is a relatively small family operation and one that has just released four new products simultaneously, a first for the Australian firm.
- Sunday 11 Nov 2018 - (180598) In Pursuit Of Excellence: The RØDE Microphone Story
- Sunday 4 Nov 2018 - (42797) Enjoy your digital films and videos while you can... before they disappear
- Wednesday 7 Nov 2018 - (8194) The Dell Precision 7730 could be the fastest performing mobile workstation available today
- Friday 2 Nov 2018 - (7457) Panasonic's new "organic" 8K HDR camera is revolutionary
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (5364) Samsung Infinity Flex Display: The foldable screens are finally here
- Friday 16 Nov 2018 - (282) RAID is not a backup system
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (453) Deeyah Khan: An inspiring filmmaker confronting the enemy
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (2500) Somehow, G-Technology has made an external drive that's as fast as a Macbook Pro's internal drive. And it's cheaper.
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (968) Viltrox EF-M2: A Speed Booster on a budget
- Wednesday 14 Nov 2018 - (2473) Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve with over 30 new features