Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
Sometimes we might have to shoot using a less than ideal camera, or circumstances dictate that the one we use has a low bitrate recording system. Craig Marshall tackles the best workflows for such cameras and how to ensure the highest quality throughout the post production chain.
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24612) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18240) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (15249) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11708) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (11480) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (591) Amazing motorsports footage in this weeks Social Media Follower of the Week!
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (600) Essentials of the Sony Venice: Workflow
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (1052) 8K is good, even for people who will never use it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1650) New lightweight and rugged high-end primes announced by Zeiss
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1259) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it