Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20602) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11442) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11207) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9201) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8377) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (140) Using the ARRI Alexa Mini as a stills camera
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (765) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (3279) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1090) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1938) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more