Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
RedShark Summer Replay: With 4K footage on YouTube becoming increasingly commonplace, Craig Marshall details one way of producing and uploading video in the format without the need for a 4K video camera. The answer? An '80s presentaton style called 'audio visuals'.
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47354) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11661) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 5 Sep 2017 - (11463) Sony RX0: probably the best action cam so far!
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8261) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7316) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (863) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (606) Avid’s MediaCentral promises to speed up collaborative workflows
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (576) RØDE goes wireless for vocal performance
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (1141) Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (2555) The latest from Blackmagic Design at IBC 2017 [video]