Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
Sometimes we might have to shoot using a less than ideal camera, or circumstances dictate that the one we use has a low bitrate recording system. Craig Marshall tackles the best workflows for such cameras and how to ensure the highest quality throughout the post production chain.
RedShark Replay: What is the single greatest technical dilemma facing today's DIY filmmaker? Which Camera? Which OS? Which NLE? Which Plug-in? Which Colour Grading Software package? According to Craig Marshall, it’s none of the above. Instead, it’s all about the monitor.
And so we reach the end of our Top 10 countdown for the year, and it wasn't a camera story that nailed the top spot, it was back to post production and all things Mac-based. Or the future lack of them, as this article about facilities increasingly adopting PC-based systems, capped off by the recent introduction of the GTX 1080, reported. It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds in 2017.
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10263) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10187) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9176) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Sunday 14 Oct 2018 - (6430) Zhiyun-Tech's highly compact WEEBILL LAB gimbal shows gimbal innovation isn't dead
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6321) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Saturday 20 Oct 2018 - (903) This is how to make a product marketing video properly
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (3502) The Olympus TG-5: The real pocket camera?
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (1009) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (1482) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (723) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight