Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
Benjamin Gilmore is a Sydney based Paramedic who makes feature films in his spare time. After some moderate success on the Festival Circuit with his past attempts, Ben thought it might be a good idea to head off to somewhere exotic and exciting. Such as Afghanistan. There he planned to shoot a scripted drama about an American soldier who is troubled by guilt over something that went horribly wrong during his deployment.
Answer? Google Earth Pro. Until January 2015, this high resolution, professional version of the popular mapping software Google Earth, cost broadcasters and institutional users an annual subscription of $399/year. Now it’s free for everybody to download to their PC or Mac Desktop, but with the recent introduction of 4K output resolution, GE Pro could become your new best friend!
Sometimes we might have to shoot using a less than ideal camera, or circumstances dictate that the one we use has a low bitrate recording system. Craig Marshall tackles the best workflows for such cameras and how to ensure the highest quality throughout the post production chain.
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19219) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13210) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7280) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6231) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (5947) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (270) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (439) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1255) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too
- Wednesday 17 Apr 2019 - (857) You can't properly judge a camera by the picture you are seeing
- Wednesday 17 Apr 2019 - (1073) NAB 2019: Less is more with Resolve 16