Retired freelance TV commercial and documentory producer/director/camera/editor
Benjamin Gilmore is a Sydney based Paramedic who makes feature films in his spare time. After some moderate success on the Festival Circuit with his past attempts, Ben thought it might be a good idea to head off to somewhere exotic and exciting. Such as Afghanistan. There he planned to shoot a scripted drama about an American soldier who is troubled by guilt over something that went horribly wrong during his deployment.
Answer? Google Earth Pro. Until January 2015, this high resolution, professional version of the popular mapping software Google Earth, cost broadcasters and institutional users an annual subscription of $399/year. Now it’s free for everybody to download to their PC or Mac Desktop, but with the recent introduction of 4K output resolution, GE Pro could become your new best friend!
Sometimes we might have to shoot using a less than ideal camera, or circumstances dictate that the one we use has a low bitrate recording system. Craig Marshall tackles the best workflows for such cameras and how to ensure the highest quality throughout the post production chain.
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20590) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18107) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10894) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (247) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (936) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (568) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4842) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera