John McCabeJohn McCabe has been writing about automobiles and technology for the past two decades. He is also a filmmaker working on his first feature movie (more information is available at http://www.nerd.film). While John has written about many topics over his career, he still has a terrible time writing about himself in the third person, so he is leaving it at this.
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35502) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17854) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11203) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 5 Mar 2019 - (7256) Surprise unveiling of USB 4.0, and it rivals Thunderbolt 3 speeds
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6220) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (230) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (753) Significant update for iMacs - up to twice the performance
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (981) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera? – Part 2
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (5692) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (1508) High frame rate cinema, what’s going wrong? [opinion]
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video