Niki Smith is a writer and knows a thing or two about film. You can't scare her with subtitles, shorts, or experimental films, but you will find her shaking in her boots at the merest whiff of a horror film... even Ghostbusters. Really. And she has never seen Avatar. She's not ashamed.
Long takes are the calling cards of great directors. Not just any old Joe or Jenny has what it takes to deliver a really meaningful long take. Think of trying to coordinate extras, stunts, locations, lighting, as well as managing the performance and cinematography, and you can start to feel the headache building before we even begin…
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20590) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18108) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10897) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (271) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (581) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (945) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (572) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4865) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera