Niki Smith is a writer and knows a thing or two about film. You can't scare her with subtitles, shorts, or experimental films, but you will find her shaking in her boots at the merest whiff of a horror film... even Ghostbusters. Really. And she has never seen Avatar. She's not ashamed.
Long takes are the calling cards of great directors. Not just any old Joe or Jenny has what it takes to deliver a really meaningful long take. Think of trying to coordinate extras, stunts, locations, lighting, as well as managing the performance and cinematography, and you can start to feel the headache building before we even begin…
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (18764) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (9734) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (8596) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (8555) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Saturday 6 Oct 2018 - (6158) Building the 10-bit desktop display
- Tuesday 16 Oct 2018 - (205) This is how the first DV cameras changed video production forever
- Tuesday 16 Oct 2018 - (512) Five achievable ways to shoot scenes in moving vehicles
- Tuesday 16 Oct 2018 - (979) We are all susceptible to confirmation bias
- Monday 15 Oct 2018 - (1926) Sony's diminutive new HX99 has an absurdly good zoom range
- Monday 15 Oct 2018 - (4556) Adobe officially debuts Premiere Rush CC