Niki Smith is a writer and knows a thing or two about film. You can't scare her with subtitles, shorts, or experimental films, but you will find her shaking in her boots at the merest whiff of a horror film... even Ghostbusters. Really. And she has never seen Avatar. She's not ashamed.
Long takes are the calling cards of great directors. Not just any old Joe or Jenny has what it takes to deliver a really meaningful long take. Think of trying to coordinate extras, stunts, locations, lighting, as well as managing the performance and cinematography, and you can start to feel the headache building before we even begin…
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63960) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24626) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11332) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7947) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6794) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (294) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (607) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1765) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (889) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (737) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative