Niki Smith is a writer and knows a thing or two about film. You can't scare her with subtitles, shorts, or experimental films, but you will find her shaking in her boots at the merest whiff of a horror film... even Ghostbusters. Really. And she has never seen Avatar. She's not ashamed.
Long takes are the calling cards of great directors. Not just any old Joe or Jenny has what it takes to deliver a really meaningful long take. Think of trying to coordinate extras, stunts, locations, lighting, as well as managing the performance and cinematography, and you can start to feel the headache building before we even begin…
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90712) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (58018) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (22415) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8549) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Wednesday 20 Feb 2019 - (7921) Much faster and better storage is arriving, and it will totally change the way we think about codecs
- Saturday 23 Feb 2019 - (1144) Whatever happened to the 3-chip camera?
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (1193) Don't miss RedShark Connect in Burbank, LA, February 28, 6:30 - 9:30pm: Last few free tickets available!
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (2955) These smart glasses from LetinAR are a big advance for optical AR
- Friday 22 Feb 2019 - (4964) Is the end getting near for Blu-ray?
- Thursday 21 Feb 2019 - (1099) G-Technology G-Speed Shuttle EV: Here's our extensive video review.