Chris has been working in the broadcast industry for over 30 years, a lot of it as an editor, camera operator, sound recordist and troubleshooter. He has an unrequited love of technology and a loathing of tomatoes.
Smart TVs would appear to have a lot to answer for. For anyone who has had to go into the settings of their friends television set to turn off the dreaded 'motion interpolation', Chris Foreman asks the question, do viewers really care about picture quality any more?
Frame rates are so fundemental to every video project we create. And yet there are so many of them that combined with the huge variety of distribution methods that choosing which one to use is not straightforward. Is it time that we had a frame rate clear-out?
- Sunday 11 Nov 2018 - (180598) In Pursuit Of Excellence: The RØDE Microphone Story
- Sunday 4 Nov 2018 - (42797) Enjoy your digital films and videos while you can... before they disappear
- Wednesday 7 Nov 2018 - (8195) The Dell Precision 7730 could be the fastest performing mobile workstation available today
- Friday 2 Nov 2018 - (7458) Panasonic's new "organic" 8K HDR camera is revolutionary
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (5367) Samsung Infinity Flex Display: The foldable screens are finally here
- Friday 16 Nov 2018 - (316) RAID is not a backup system
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (456) Deeyah Khan: An inspiring filmmaker confronting the enemy
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (2531) Somehow, G-Technology has made an external drive that's as fast as a Macbook Pro's internal drive. And it's cheaper.
- Thursday 15 Nov 2018 - (974) Viltrox EF-M2: A Speed Booster on a budget
- Wednesday 14 Nov 2018 - (2480) Blackmagic Design updates DaVinci Resolve with over 30 new features