Chris has been working in the broadcast industry for over 30 years, a lot of it as an editor, camera operator, sound recordist and troubleshooter. He has an unrequited love of technology and a loathing of tomatoes.
Colin Goudie's career as an editor spans over 35 years and covers everything from documentary to big budget blockbusters such as Rogue OneRead. In this fascinating interview we find out what motivates him, how things have changed over the years, and what he thinks of the modern cinema experience.
There are a lot of established lens brands out there so when a relative newcomer emerges it can be tough to gain any sort of foothold. Laowa are such a brand from Venus Optics. Chris Foreman checks out how the Laowa 100mm 2:1 Macro lens performs.
Love it or hate it, the subscription software model is here to stay. But whichever side of the fence you sit, there are some potential pitfalls when it comes to future software support. And it could affect a lot more than just your editing software.
- Sunday 3 Nov 2019 - (39934) What you need to know about Aspect Ratios and Letterboxing
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13029) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (6542) Canon EOS C500 II in action. "Probably the cleanest camera I've used"
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4050) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Friday 1 Nov 2019 - (3808) How to choose the right GPU for your workstation
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (33) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (397) Intel introduces 10th Gen Comet Lake U and Y series
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (596) Grading on the move with the ASUS ProArt PQ22UC
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (578) Sumo 19 users rejoice: Multi-cam switching is here
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (900) PolarPro's new ultra-light matte box systems are designed with the active filmmaker in mind