Chris has been working in the broadcast industry for over 30 years, a lot of it as an editor, camera operator, sound recordist and troubleshooter. He has an unrequited love of technology and a loathing of tomatoes.
Smart TVs would appear to have a lot to answer for. For anyone who has had to go into the settings of their friends television set to turn off the dreaded 'motion interpolation', Chris Foreman asks the question, do viewers really care about picture quality any more?
Frame rates are so fundemental to every video project we create. And yet there are so many of them that combined with the huge variety of distribution methods that choosing which one to use is not straightforward. Is it time that we had a frame rate clear-out?
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18932) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16447) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13491) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7217) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5314) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (79) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (824) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (2873) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1014) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (906) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera