Chris has been working in the broadcast industry for over 30 years, a lot of it as an editor, camera operator, sound recordist and troubleshooter. He has an unrequited love of technology and a loathing of tomatoes.
Smart TVs would appear to have a lot to answer for. For anyone who has had to go into the settings of their friends television set to turn off the dreaded 'motion interpolation', Chris Foreman asks the question, do viewers really care about picture quality any more?
Frame rates are so fundemental to every video project we create. And yet there are so many of them that combined with the huge variety of distribution methods that choosing which one to use is not straightforward. Is it time that we had a frame rate clear-out?
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90466) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (57000) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8298) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Friday 15 Feb 2019 - (4181) Exclusive first review: Atomos's new Shinobi HDR monitor is for 4K cameras and weighs less than 200g
- Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 - (3685) Preview: Blender has undergone a major update, and it will revolutionise the way you use it
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (115) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (388) FXhome releases a transformational update to Hitfilm Pro
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1747) Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II: a great lens makes this a serious 4K camera
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (752) Samsung QLED: A sign of the 8K times
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1018) Leica's ASC special edition M10-P is a nostalgic take on digital cameras