Jim Marks has been mucking about with cameras and light for just under thirty years.
He began life as a sculptor, became a photographer and then retrained as a film maker at the Google University.
He has spent far too much money on an unhealthy amount of kit over the years and has never owned a PC, though recently he’s been having impure thoughts about a Surface Book 2.
As an ambassador for the new Panasonic GH5S, Jim Marks has had plenty of time to get valuable hands-on experience with the new videocentric camera and has some great insights into the way it will perform when it goes on general release at the end of the month.
- Sunday 4 Mar 2018 - (46969) What's the difference between Consumer and Pro graphics cards?
- Sunday 11 Mar 2018 - (30867) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Wednesday 14 Mar 2018 - (27845) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Monday 5 Mar 2018 - (16895) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 - (4745) Roger Deakins finally just won an Oscar. Here's his story
- Saturday 17 Mar 2018 - (731) Can we finally define what 'cinematic' is? [Opinion]
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1462) Sharp's 8C-B60A 8K camera: We see some exclusive new footage
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1679) Fiilex Q8 travel: The best variable colour LED light we've tested so far
- Friday 16 Mar 2018 - (1182) CGI can make duvets as well as war machines
- Thursday 15 Mar 2018 - (1496) RedShark Review: Fujinon MK series cine zooms are a great option for aspiring filmmakers