Jim Marks has been mucking about with cameras and light for just under thirty years.
He began life as a sculptor, became a photographer and then retrained as a film maker at the Google University.
He has spent far too much money on an unhealthy amount of kit over the years and has never owned a PC, though recently he’s been having impure thoughts about a Surface Book 2.
As an ambassador for the new Panasonic GH5S, Jim Marks has had plenty of time to get valuable hands-on experience with the new videocentric camera and has some great insights into the way it will perform when it goes on general release at the end of the month.
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24576) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18135) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (14945) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11566) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (10675) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (213) Essentials of the Sony Venice: Workflow
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (610) 8K is good, even for people who will never use it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1055) New lightweight and rugged high-end primes announced by Zeiss
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1017) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (2039) Six great tips for lighting on a very low budget