Sarah Redohl is an award-winning new media journalist focusing on mobile and 360 experiences. Her work has been featured on the Travel Channel, National Public Radio and the Washington Post, among others. She has also been recognized as one of Folio: Magazine’s 15 Under 30 young professionals driving media’s next-gen innovation.
At the end of September, Facebook unveiled a volumetric 360-degree camera built in a collaboration with RED Digital Cinema. Known as the Manifold, the new system may be first and foremost a VR camera, but volumetric cameras also hold great promise to traditional video industry.
Mozilla just announced its Firefox Reality browser for standalone VR and AR headsets. But, that particular brand of WebVR is just one of many approaches. Here’s what browsing might look like in VR, and since everything we do these days is in a web browser, this really matters...
- Sunday 10 Feb 2019 - (90466) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 17 Feb 2019 - (56997) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Monday 11 Feb 2019 - (8297) The Lumix S1 through the eyes of a GH4 and GH5 user
- Friday 15 Feb 2019 - (4181) Exclusive first review: Atomos's new Shinobi HDR monitor is for 4K cameras and weighs less than 200g
- Tuesday 12 Feb 2019 - (3685) Preview: Blender has undergone a major update, and it will revolutionise the way you use it
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (102) This is revolutionary: OLED-like performance from a new type of projector screen
- Tuesday 19 Feb 2019 - (385) FXhome releases a transformational update to Hitfilm Pro
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1739) Panasonic Lumix FZ1000 II: a great lens makes this a serious 4K camera
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (750) Samsung QLED: A sign of the 8K times
- Monday 18 Feb 2019 - (1016) Leica's ASC special edition M10-P is a nostalgic take on digital cameras