Sarah Redohl is an award-winning new media journalist focusing on mobile and 360 experiences. Her work has been featured on the Travel Channel, National Public Radio and the Washington Post, among others. She has also been recognized as one of Folio: Magazine’s 15 Under 30 young professionals driving media’s next-gen innovation.
At the end of September, Facebook unveiled a volumetric 360-degree camera built in a collaboration with RED Digital Cinema. Known as the Manifold, the new system may be first and foremost a VR camera, but volumetric cameras also hold great promise to traditional video industry.
Mozilla just announced its Firefox Reality browser for standalone VR and AR headsets. But, that particular brand of WebVR is just one of many approaches. Here’s what browsing might look like in VR, and since everything we do these days is in a web browser, this really matters...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18932) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16447) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13491) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7217) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5314) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (78) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (824) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (2873) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1014) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (906) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera