Sarah Redohl is an award-winning new media journalist focusing on mobile and 360 experiences. Her work has been featured on the Travel Channel, National Public Radio and the Washington Post, among others. She has also been recognized as one of Folio: Magazine’s 15 Under 30 young professionals driving media’s next-gen innovation.
At the end of September, Facebook unveiled a volumetric 360-degree camera built in a collaboration with RED Digital Cinema. Known as the Manifold, the new system may be first and foremost a VR camera, but volumetric cameras also hold great promise to traditional video industry.
Mozilla just announced its Firefox Reality browser for standalone VR and AR headsets. But, that particular brand of WebVR is just one of many approaches. Here’s what browsing might look like in VR, and since everything we do these days is in a web browser, this really matters...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15113) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13393) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4738) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4721) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4223) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (295) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (513) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (630) Self-shooting for documentaries is a vastly under-appreciated skillset
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (864) Wooden Camera's D-Box will be an essential accessory for some users
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (1620) Building a workstation - how do you choose what memory to use?