Sarah Redohl is an award-winning new media journalist focusing on mobile and 360 experiences. Her work has been featured on the Travel Channel, National Public Radio and the Washington Post, among others. She has also been recognized as one of Folio: Magazine’s 15 Under 30 young professionals driving media’s next-gen innovation.
At the end of September, Facebook unveiled a volumetric 360-degree camera built in a collaboration with RED Digital Cinema. Known as the Manifold, the new system may be first and foremost a VR camera, but volumetric cameras also hold great promise to traditional video industry.
Mozilla just announced its Firefox Reality browser for standalone VR and AR headsets. But, that particular brand of WebVR is just one of many approaches. Here’s what browsing might look like in VR, and since everything we do these days is in a web browser, this really matters...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (33923) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (13908) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11126) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10520) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7862) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (592) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (364) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (639) Increasing diversity in the VFX industry - there's a long way to go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (2668) Atomos Shogun 7 - Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Monday 19 Aug 2019 - (1487) Video over IP is the last standard you'll ever need [sponsored]