Adam Hamer is a Director of Photography and writer based in Los Angeles with 13 years of experience in the film and broadcast industry
Cinematographers will often have a favourite lens or set of lenses that gives them the look they are after. With the demand for vintage lenses, Adam Hamer postulates whether the glass in front of your camera is the cinematography equivilent of a an artists paintbrush.
Technology has always been an enabler. With more power to prototype and manufacture being placed into the hands of people who in years gone by could not even dream of such things, will open source cameras eventually replace our reliance on the big manufacturers?
Ever increasing resolutions and complexity introduced by new technology such as HDR means that the post production world is constantly having to evolve to ensure a smooth ride. Adam Hamer takes a look at the current state of play.
- Friday 6 Apr 2018 - (29516) Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema Camera is now a real thing
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28240) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 9 Apr 2018 - (27324) The 4K Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, quite probably, changes everything!
- Sunday 8 Apr 2018 - (24475) Sony FS5 II - Sony's camera gets upgraded with VENICE like colour science
- Saturday 7 Apr 2018 - (16941) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (331) If filmmakers don't embrace 8K, everyone else will!
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (777) This Kickstarter project makes old film cameras into digital ones!
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (832) iZotope show us just why its software is so good
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (798) Could standalone headsets transform VR?
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (1016) These 16mm cameras changed the face of television production