Adam Hamer is a Director of Photography and writer based in Los Angeles with 13 years of experience in the film and broadcast industry
Technology has always been an enabler. With more power to prototype and manufacture being placed into the hands of people who in years gone by could not even dream of such things, will open source cameras eventually replace our reliance on the big manufacturers?
Ever increasing resolutions and complexity introduced by new technology such as HDR means that the post production world is constantly having to evolve to ensure a smooth ride. Adam Hamer takes a look at the current state of play.
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33580) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31058) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29239) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (25002) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9769) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Sunday 17 Dec 2017 - (7079) Christmas gifts for the camera crew
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (935) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1580) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1680) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1317) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles