Adam Hamer is a Director of Photography and writer based in Los Angeles with 13 years of experience in the film and broadcast industry
Technology has always been an enabler. With more power to prototype and manufacture being placed into the hands of people who in years gone by could not even dream of such things, will open source cameras eventually replace our reliance on the big manufacturers?
Ever increasing resolutions and complexity introduced by new technology such as HDR means that the post production world is constantly having to evolve to ensure a smooth ride. Adam Hamer takes a look at the current state of play.
- Sunday 18 Feb 2018 - (81243) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 11 Feb 2018 - (35764) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field
- Monday 19 Feb 2018 - (7915) 6 great things we've discovered about DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 15 Feb 2018 - (5981) You've never seen New York like this: Phil Holland used 3x 8K MONSTRO cameras for this shoot
- Friday 9 Feb 2018 - (5595) Will the Alexa LF make large-format the new normal?
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (1182) Panasonic announces the worlds first 8K, 60 fps, HDR global shutter CMOS
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (447) How to set up a neutral-sounding edit room with IK Multimedia's ARC 2.5 system
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (806) Will VR affect the fate of the world?
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (776) Here are some important tips for good framing and staging
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (898) Everything you need to know about colour resolution