Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
One of the surprises of NAB 2018 was the announcement of Apple ProRes RAW. This brought camera raw video to the forefront for many who had previously discounted it. To understand the what and why about raw, we first have to understand camera sensors.
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (20590) What's it like using a top-end camera (the Sony F65) on a low-budget indie film?
- Friday 14 Jun 2019 - (18108) Here's what happens when DJI and GoPro go head to head
- Saturday 22 Jun 2019 - (10896) How to Make a DCP (Digital Cinema Package)
- Monday 17 Jun 2019 - (6685) Can the DJI Osmo Action cam beat the GoPro Hero 7?
- Saturday 15 Jun 2019 - (6438) This is why we don't do camera "shoot-outs"
- Wednesday 26 Jun 2019 - (267) How to make an impressively deepfake Tom Cruise
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (574) Raspberry Pi now available in new 4K flavour
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (942) Accusonus announces ERA 4, possibly the most simple to use, yet advanced, audio plugins we've seen
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (571) Live from Berlin - Live Production and Streaming for video makers
- Tuesday 25 Jun 2019 - (4856) The URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 is an entirely new genre of camera