Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
Review: Creatives in all fields are the target market for Apple's MacBook Pro product line. Apple introduced the 16-inch model to replace its 15-inch predecessor in late 2019. This new model aims not only to be a serious tool for location work but to be powerful enough to form the hub of your edit suite, whether on-site or at a fixed facility.
Replay: Blackmagic Design doubled-down on advanced editing features in 2019 by introducing a new editing mode to DaVinci Resolve 16 called the cut page. They also added a dedicated editor's keyboard - something that warms the heart of any editor who started their career in a linear edit suite. After some post-NAB feedback and adjustment, the keyboard is finally ready for prime time, running with DaVinci Resolve 16.1 (currently in public beta) or later.
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61679) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17667) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15920) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8843) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4694) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (528) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1108) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (737) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1527) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3021) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head