Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
Replay: Blackmagic Design doubled-down on advanced editing features in 2019 by introducing a new editing mode to DaVinci Resolve 16 called the cut page. They also added a dedicated editor's keyboard - something that warms the heart of any editor who started their career in a linear edit suite. After some post-NAB feedback and adjustment, the keyboard is finally ready for prime time, running with DaVinci Resolve 16.1 (currently in public beta) or later.
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
- Sunday 12 Jan 2020 - (42781) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 19 Jan 2020 - (12139) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Monday 13 Jan 2020 - (7759) This is revolutionary: The world's first liquid lens lightfield camera
- Friday 10 Jan 2020 - (6936) Seagate IronWolf NAS: Is it big and fast enough?
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4892) If you love electronic music, you'll love this
- Wednesday 22 Jan 2020 - (324) Why can't we just have one lens mount?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (690) iRig Pro Duo I/O: A Dual audio interface that fits into your pocket
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (3017) The HP DreamColor Z31x Studio: The perfect budget precision colour grading monitor?
- Tuesday 21 Jan 2020 - (2053) Here's a great example of how you can make a living from low budget filmmaking
- Monday 20 Jan 2020 - (4838) What's it like to own the original ARRI Alexa?