Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
Blackmagic Design doubled-down on advanced editing features in 2019 by introducing a new editing mode to DaVinci Resolve 16 called the cut page. They also added a dedicated editor's keyboard - something that warms the heart of any editor who started their career in a linear edit suite. After some post-NAB feedback and adjustment, the keyboard is finally ready for prime time, running with DaVinci Resolve 16.1 (currently in public beta) or later.
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
- Saturday 12 Oct 2019 - (16641) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Saturday 5 Oct 2019 - (9902) Video isn't video without sound
- Sunday 13 Oct 2019 - (7762) Review: The DaVinci Resolve Editor Keyboard really enhances speed and cut flow
- Tuesday 15 Oct 2019 - (7181) This is a classic lens that should be in everyone's collection
- Tuesday 8 Oct 2019 - (5534) Apple releases major new updates to macOS and FCP X
- Thursday 17 Oct 2019 - (217) Minority report style interfaces just took a step closer to reality
- Thursday 17 Oct 2019 - (301) Find out how Adobe Premiere helped bring Terminator: Dark Fate to life [sponsored]
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (612) Monogram launch clever new modular work surfaces
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (2726) These could be the most important filters you buy
- Wednesday 16 Oct 2019 - (641) Music Vine pivots to subscription model