Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
Blackmagic Design doubled-down on advanced editing features in 2019 by introducing a new editing mode to DaVinci Resolve 16 called the cut page. They also added a dedicated editor's keyboard - something that warms the heart of any editor who started their career in a linear edit suite. After some post-NAB feedback and adjustment, the keyboard is finally ready for prime time, running with DaVinci Resolve 16.1 (currently in public beta) or later.
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17905) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Sunday 8 Dec 2019 - (15809) The cinematic camera debate: When are three chips better than one?
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (8291) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (6331) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (4690) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 13 Dec 2019 - (95) Atomos brings multi-cam switching to the Shogun 7
- Friday 13 Dec 2019 - (749) Speed or reliability: Which is most important in a computer?
- Friday 13 Dec 2019 - (802) The Sensel Morph is an incredibly clever new control surface
- Thursday 12 Dec 2019 - (1229) Beware the Frankencamera. It might be costing you more than you think [Opinion]
- Thursday 12 Dec 2019 - (1371) EditMate turns Premiere Pro into a multi-user powerhouse [sponsored]