Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
First-time filmmakers are elated when their film finally gets picked up for distribution. But the hardest work may be next. Preparing your film and companion materials can be a very detailed and complex endeavour if you didn’t plan for it properly from the outset. While each distributor and/or network has slightly different specs, the general requirements are the same. Here are the more common ones.
Frame.io is now one of the most popular video collaboration and review sites. With its stylish new Masters short film series, the company is highlighting some of the immense talent who use its services, giving advice to users and would-be filmmakers along the way.
One of the surprises of NAB 2018 was the announcement of Apple ProRes RAW. This brought camera raw video to the forefront for many who had previously discounted it. To understand the what and why about raw, we first have to understand camera sensors.
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19304) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13311) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7339) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6290) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (6001) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (317) The lion king shows how great modern animation can be
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (2244) DaVinci Resolve 16: Hands on with the new Cut Page
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1217) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (738) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1908) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too