Oliver Peters is a veteran editor, colorist, and post production consultant. He is also a contributor to various industry publications writing about production and technology topics. He may be contacted through his website at oliverpeters.com
One of the surprises of NAB 2018 was the announcement of Apple ProRes RAW. This brought camera raw video to the forefront for many who had previously discounted it. To understand the what and why about raw, we first have to understand camera sensors.
RedShark Review: Once Apple pulled the plug on QuickTime Player Pro 7, the industry started to look elsewhere for a media tool for the proper playback, inspection and encoding of media files. For many, that new multipurpose application has become Telestream’s Switch.
RedShark Review: As Apple's iOS platform becomes more powerful, applications for it begin to rival the power and complexity of desktop software. LumaFusion is a recently introduced nonlinear video editing product from Luma Touch and it's rapidly on the way to becoming a viable alternative.
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29501) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24228) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12957) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12012) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8043) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (308) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (391) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1269) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1208) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (566) What are the most promising technologies we are waiting for?