Russ Fairley has an extensive background in production, with a warm place in his heart for editing and motion graphics. He founded After Effects Toronto, Canada's largest Adobe post production user group, is an Adobe Certified Expert in After Effects, and he runs a boutique production company. When he's not using the pen tool you can usually find him playing drums.
There has been a lot of Mac-bashing in the industry lately. Russel Fairley mounts the case for the defence and points out that they're powerful enough for most jobs, and, beyond the excellent design aesthetic and build quality, they simply work time and time again. And as for the OS...
- Saturday 15 Jul 2017 - (20602) Why put a camera on your shoulder?
- Tuesday 18 Jul 2017 - (11442) The real purpose of the RED Hydrogen smartphone
- Saturday 22 Jul 2017 - (11207) Steadicam: The device that changed filmmaking forever
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (9202) Samsung launches HDR LED cinema screen
- Thursday 20 Jul 2017 - (8377) Why the Moon landing was not a hoax filmed in slow motion
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (142) Using the ARRI Alexa Mini as a stills camera
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (769) Nikon celebrates 100th birthday by announcing the Nikon D850
- Tuesday 25 Jul 2017 - (3281) Canon’s CN-E 18-80mm: a lot of lens for the money
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1091) Filmmakers love retro lenses... how about retro cameras?
- Monday 24 Jul 2017 - (1940) Sony FS5 update adds ability to change minimum ISO and more