Russ Fairley has an extensive background in production, with a warm place in his heart for editing and motion graphics. He founded After Effects Toronto, Canada's largest Adobe post production user group, is an Adobe Certified Expert in After Effects, and he runs a boutique production company. When he's not using the pen tool you can usually find him playing drums.
There has been a lot of Mac-bashing in the industry lately. Russel Fairley mounts the case for the defence and points out that they're powerful enough for most jobs, and, beyond the excellent design aesthetic and build quality, they simply work time and time again. And as for the OS...
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47354) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11661) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 5 Sep 2017 - (11463) Sony RX0: probably the best action cam so far!
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8261) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7316) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (852) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (603) Avid’s MediaCentral promises to speed up collaborative workflows
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (576) RØDE goes wireless for vocal performance
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (1141) Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (2554) The latest from Blackmagic Design at IBC 2017 [video]