Russ Fairley has an extensive background in production, with a warm place in his heart for editing and motion graphics. He founded After Effects Toronto, Canada's largest Adobe post production user group, is an Adobe Certified Expert in After Effects, and he runs a boutique production company. When he's not using the pen tool you can usually find him playing drums.
There has been a lot of Mac-bashing in the industry lately. Russel Fairley mounts the case for the defence and points out that they're powerful enough for most jobs, and, beyond the excellent design aesthetic and build quality, they simply work time and time again. And as for the OS...
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54256) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9718) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5490) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5156) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4863) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (368) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2571) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1111) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3460) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1663) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever