Adrian has been writing about the media industry for 20 years in a wide number of leading publications. He is a longstanding member of The IBC and ISE Daily teams, International Editor for CinemaEditor, award winning film critic, conference moderator and copywriter of white papers, press releases and marketing materials for a wide range of organisations. He lives in Liverpool and absolutely loves it.
While the business benefits and standards are still being thrashed out, technical advances to the fifth-generation mobile network are coming thick and fast. The successor to today’s 4G mobile network promises to transform wireless communications by transmitting data at least 10 times faster and at next to zero delays.
The battle lines between who should take credit for a CGI based performance are being drawn. Should it be the performance capture actor, or the CGI artists and animators? It is a question that will only be re-focused on as time goes on. Adrian Pennington examines the debate.
The writing is on the wall for cinema projection. New screen technology composed of LEDs is set to disrupt the century-old way of viewing movies on the big screen by the end of the next decade. The transition will as likely be driven as much by filmmakers as manufacturers keen to present their work with a high dynamic range far greater than any projector can achieve.
From future handheld units to plug-ins for The Foundry, dealing with 400GB per second, and ambitions to get its lightfield technology into the hands of as many people as possible, including TV, Lytro’s Jon Karafin provides an update on all things Lightfield.
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33579) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31057) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29238) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (25001) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9763) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Sunday 17 Dec 2017 - (7075) Christmas gifts for the camera crew
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (934) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1575) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1677) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1315) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles