Tom Lansford is an international marketing consultant and manages the site Professional Workstation. He has been living in Europe since 1992, and previously managed workstation marketing in Europe at Nvidia. His interests include professional video, design visualization, simulation, graphics and GPU computing.
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5095) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (228) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (519) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1655) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1392) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4142) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?