Matt Aindow is a freelance artist and M&E workflow consultant, in an ever-deepening love affair with story telling via the dark art of colour grading. He believes these are jolly exciting times to be involved in the business, but is saddened that we can't deliver on gender equality. Come on! Member of SMPTE, CSI and DCS. The eternal student.
The eGFX Breakaway Box isn’t meant as a replacement for high-end workflows. It’s a more like a portable solution that boosts graphics performance when you’re away from the desktop. On-set colourists, DITs, editors, audio producers and digital creatives working with VR in the field, who can harness the plug-and-play GPU acceleration offered by the eGFX Breakaway Box, will love it.
It was the camera that broke Cine Gear 2016. Michael Cioni, President of Light Iron and Product Director of the Panavision Millennium DXL, talks to Matt Aindow about the DNA of one of the most spectacular camera launches of 2016.
RedShark Replay: We've just found out that renowned freelance colorist Warren Eagles will be at IBC demoing creative 4k workflows on the Editshare stand in Hall 7, so this seemed an opportune time to repeat the piece where he shares five top tips shedding light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist.
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13014) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10485) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8185) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6461) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5898) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (440) DJI Spark: the new entry level consumer drone
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (567) Logos: is that real or is that CGI?
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (1169) Animatronic dinosaurs and 24K giant screens - welcome to the future of cinema
- Wednesday 24 May 2017 - (2198) Why Sony's FS700 is still a great camera five years on
- Tuesday 23 May 2017 - (1274) This problem with Virtual Reality displays needs to be fixed