Matt Aindow is a freelance artist and M&E workflow consultant, in an ever-deepening love affair with story telling via the dark art of colour grading. He believes these are jolly exciting times to be involved in the business, but is saddened that we can't deliver on gender equality. Come on! Member of SMPTE, CSI and DCS. The eternal student.
The eGFX Breakaway Box isn’t meant as a replacement for high-end workflows. It’s a more like a portable solution that boosts graphics performance when you’re away from the desktop. On-set colourists, DITs, editors, audio producers and digital creatives working with VR in the field, who can harness the plug-and-play GPU acceleration offered by the eGFX Breakaway Box, will love it.
It was the camera that broke Cine Gear 2016. Michael Cioni, President of Light Iron and Product Director of the Panavision Millennium DXL, talks to Matt Aindow about the DNA of one of the most spectacular camera launches of 2016.
RedShark Replay: We've just found out that renowned freelance colorist Warren Eagles will be at IBC demoing creative 4k workflows on the Editshare stand in Hall 7, so this seemed an opportune time to repeat the piece where he shares five top tips shedding light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist.
- Saturday 14 Oct 2017 - (263629) FPGAs: the processing miracle in our video tech
- Friday 13 Oct 2017 - (10615) Blade Runner 2049 is a cinematic masterpiece - Here's why
- Friday 6 Oct 2017 - (8381) RED surprises everyone with a new full-frame 8K sensor: meet Monstro 8K VV
- Tuesday 10 Oct 2017 - (5009) In the future you may be able to print your own camera
- Tuesday 17 Oct 2017 - (4157) The remarkable robots that are transforming filmmaking
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (172) Hidden chip in Pixel 2 is a huge leap forward in video technology
- Thursday 19 Oct 2017 - (535) Optical filters will be important for years to come
- Wednesday 18 Oct 2017 - (403) Using AR to block out shots
- Wednesday 18 Oct 2017 - (1245) Why these big sensors make us question the practical limits
- Wednesday 18 Oct 2017 - (707) The Rocky Mountain AVX Expo is an event not to be missed!