Matt Aindow is a freelance artist and M&E workflow consultant, in an ever-deepening love affair with story telling via the dark art of colour grading. He believes these are jolly exciting times to be involved in the business, but is saddened that we can't deliver on gender equality. Come on! Member of SMPTE, CSI and DCS. The eternal student.
The eGFX Breakaway Box isn’t meant as a replacement for high-end workflows. It’s a more like a portable solution that boosts graphics performance when you’re away from the desktop. On-set colourists, DITs, editors, audio producers and digital creatives working with VR in the field, who can harness the plug-and-play GPU acceleration offered by the eGFX Breakaway Box, will love it.
It was the camera that broke Cine Gear 2016. Michael Cioni, President of Light Iron and Product Director of the Panavision Millennium DXL, talks to Matt Aindow about the DNA of one of the most spectacular camera launches of 2016.
RedShark Replay: We've just found out that renowned freelance colorist Warren Eagles will be at IBC demoing creative 4k workflows on the Editshare stand in Hall 7, so this seemed an opportune time to repeat the piece where he shares five top tips shedding light on the dark art of color grading and the life of a colorist.
- Sunday 10 Dec 2017 - (33580) How to understand "Log" or Cine-style recordings
- Sunday 3 Dec 2017 - (31058) Here's how to make your films look good
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (29239) For all film makers: How to avoid losing your stuff and where to put it
- Wednesday 13 Dec 2017 - (25002) Want to earn money from your film? You'll find that making it was the easy part...
- Monday 11 Dec 2017 - (9774) More megapixels are coming. Just get used to it [opinion]
- Sunday 17 Dec 2017 - (7081) Christmas gifts for the camera crew
- Saturday 16 Dec 2017 - (936) Masters of Light: a classic revisited
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1580) How to get the best from low bitrate cameras
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1681) The essentials of controlling your exposure part 1: aperture
- Friday 15 Dec 2017 - (1318) NewBlueFX Titler Pro 6: an incredibly fast and easy way to create titles