Leo Waldock has been writing about PC technology for some 20 years.
If he had a family motto it would be "You know, Windows really isn't as bad as you might think".
He has yet to own a Mac and believes that a Micro Four Thirds Panasonic is a decent camera, which just goes to show we never stop learning.
One of the biggest trends in video is how still photographers (and even non-photographers) are becoming video makers though DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras. Here's our Silicon Technology correspondent Leo Waldock's journey towards cinema quality video.
During October Intel will launch its 9th Generation of desktop processors that are known as Coffee Lake Refresh. These 9xxx CPUs are based on the technology used inside the current 8th Gen. Coffee Lake and will use the same LGA 1151 motherboard socket, however there are some significant changes that will have a massive impact on performance.
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35550) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17947) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11247) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7726) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6376) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (1592) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (786) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (525) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (797) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1203) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film