Leo Waldock has been writing about PC technology for some 20 years.
If he had a family motto it would be "You know, Windows really isn't as bad as you might think".
He has yet to own a Mac and believes that a Micro Four Thirds Panasonic is a decent camera, which just goes to show we never stop learning.
One of the biggest trends in video is how still photographers (and even non-photographers) are becoming video makers though DSLRs or Mirrorless cameras. Here's our Silicon Technology correspondent Leo Waldock's journey towards cinema quality video.
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31431) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20673) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11966) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (239) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (769) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2450) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (759) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6599) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices