Kevin Luiz is a cinematographer that has been working in the field of film and television since 2008. A graduate of Columbia College Chicago, Kevin departed the midwest and went on to work for a number of industry leading films in the art department. His love for movie making however translated to the camera and Kevin went on to study for a number of years under master level photographer Mark Medeiros. Since then, Kevin has had the opportunity to travel abroad capturing the sights and sounds for guided tour operators and stock video houses alike. Kevin's true passion now lies in his commercial agency Capion Studio where his team specializes in nation wide TV ads, viral campaigns, corporate branding and aerial video services. Kevin joins RedShark to share his experiences with the latest equipment and to give back to the community he loves.
Do you have a micro four-thirds system and a desire to shoot with video-oriented lenses? Is your budget on the smaller side, but forgiving enough to invest in a nice set of cine prime glass? If you answered "yes" and "yes," today is your lucky day, because a modest startup by the name of Veydra may have answered your prayers.
Magic Lantern managed to extract raw video from Canon DSLRs, resulting in some wonderful-looking footage. Now the same thing seems to be happening to Nikon cameras via another camera hacking group. This looks like it could be big news.
Panasonic GH4's new firmware update unlocks anamorphic shooting on one of the hottest cameras of last year. RedShark News contributor Kevin Luiz pulled out some vintage glass to put the GH4 anamorphic through its paces.
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (34138) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (14056) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11197) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10579) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7984) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Friday 23 Aug 2019 - (230) Bounced light produces amazing results, so why has it fallen out of fashion?
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (1940) Here's the first in-depth review of Blackmagic's Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (5012) You know what? Windows is a good operating system
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1463) When someone says 'it’ll never work’ it often means that it will
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1340) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go