Kevin Luiz is a cinematographer that has been working in the field of film and television since 2008. A graduate of Columbia College Chicago, Kevin departed the midwest and went on to work for a number of industry leading films in the art department. His love for movie making however translated to the camera and Kevin went on to study for a number of years under master level photographer Mark Medeiros. Since then, Kevin has had the opportunity to travel abroad capturing the sights and sounds for guided tour operators and stock video houses alike. Kevin's true passion now lies in his commercial agency Capion Studio where his team specializes in nation wide TV ads, viral campaigns, corporate branding and aerial video services. Kevin joins RedShark to share his experiences with the latest equipment and to give back to the community he loves.
Do you have a micro four-thirds system and a desire to shoot with video-oriented lenses? Is your budget on the smaller side, but forgiving enough to invest in a nice set of cine prime glass? If you answered "yes" and "yes," today is your lucky day, because a modest startup by the name of Veydra may have answered your prayers.
Magic Lantern managed to extract raw video from Canon DSLRs, resulting in some wonderful-looking footage. Now the same thing seems to be happening to Nikon cameras via another camera hacking group. This looks like it could be big news.
Panasonic GH4's new firmware update unlocks anamorphic shooting on one of the hottest cameras of last year. RedShark News contributor Kevin Luiz pulled out some vintage glass to put the GH4 anamorphic through its paces.
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18898) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (15998) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13468) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7194) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5262) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (179) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (572) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (325) Today we have smartphones and solid state audio recorders. It wasn't always like that...
- Wednesday 22 May 2019 - (505) DJI to add automatic aircraft detectors
- Wednesday 22 May 2019 - (903) EditShare gets new funding from a majority shareholder deal