Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
Keeping the power going for a location shoot can be trying even when you have ready access to chargers. But what do you do when you are thousands of feet up in the Himalayan mountain ranges and need to power everything from RED cameras to drones? Here's how Rakesh Malik took on the challenge.
Sigma and Tokina have long held reputations for making lenses you'd buy for your Nikon or Canon camera when you couldn't afford "the real thing" but still needed some okay glass to shoot with. That is changing as new models become more than viable first choice lenses.
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (55673) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Sunday 7 Jan 2018 - (53983) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Sunday 14 Jan 2018 - (51552) RAID: Everything you need to know
- Monday 8 Jan 2018 - (11131) Panasonic unveils the GH5S: a new GH5 firmly aimed at video
- Tuesday 9 Jan 2018 - (6322) Hands-on with the Panasonic GH5S
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (152) Hasselblad’s new HD6-400c: a 400 megapixel multi-shot beast
- Thursday 18 Jan 2018 - (580) Shooting The Expanse on Cooke 5/i Primes
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (913) NewTek converters and cameras learn new tricks
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1329) CES 2018: essential releases, trends & more
- Wednesday 17 Jan 2018 - (1484) Telestream Switch 4: your QuickTime Player Pro 7 replacement