Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
Not long ago, we reported here about AMD's conservative approach to GPUs; we predicted that not until Navi would AMD be able to compete with Nvidia. In February, AMD surprised everyone by announcing the Radeon VII at $700, billing it as a GPU that could enable 4K gaming. Were we wrong? Or has AMD been running a skunkworks program behind the scenes?
Mountaineering is an endeavor as rewarding as it is challenging. Having the skill and ability to travel off the beaten path, reach summits rarely explored, and make it back is as liberating as color grading for HDR. Rakesh Malik kicks off a new series detailing how to be ready to film in some of the remotest, and highest places on the earth.
Unless you've been living under a rock for the last few years, you know that the clock speeds of processors haven't changed much, yet performance is still going up. Most of that performance gain is coming from parallelism.
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19305) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13311) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Friday 5 Apr 2019 - (7339) Ten things not to miss at NAB 2019
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6291) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 7 Apr 2019 - (6003) Sony focuses on extending the capabilities of existing hardware at NAB 2019
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (335) The lion king shows how great modern animation can be
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (2274) DaVinci Resolve 16: Hands on with the new Cut Page
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1224) Sony’s next PlayStation will feature 8K games
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (742) NAB 2019: NewTek adds Tricaster features & more
- Thursday 18 Apr 2019 - (1913) HP Optane memory can provide huge capacities, but could eliminate lost work too