Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
Moore's Law became representative of all technology, but its roots lie in a general observation about the semiconductor industry. It has priven oddly true to a degree, but now it looks as if its prediction of transistor density increases has been stopped dead in its tracks.
RedShark Review: More than two years ago, Light started taking preorders for its unusual camera that attempts to take computational imaging to professional levels. After a long wait, the L16 is finally shipping. Rakesh Malik takes it for a spin.
- Thursday 4 Oct 2018 - (19135) Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 4K: The comprehensive review you have been waiting for!
- Thursday 11 Oct 2018 - (10078) BMPCC4K: This might be the holy grail of portable cinema cameras
- Saturday 13 Oct 2018 - (10052) Peter Jackson's restoration and colourisation of 100 year old World War One footage makes it painfully real
- Monday 8 Oct 2018 - (9029) Our comprehensive BMPCC4K review continues: Setup, audio and HFR
- Sunday 14 Oct 2018 - (6269) Zhiyun-Tech's highly compact WEEBILL LAB gimbal shows gimbal innovation isn't dead
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (480) Five ways that analogue photography can make you a much better DP
- Friday 19 Oct 2018 - (981) How to get hold of the perfect music score, legally
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (553) Amazing video showing the secrets of capturing a falcon in flight
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (1395) Lightworks 14.5 adds 70 new features
- Thursday 18 Oct 2018 - (2609) Traditional techniques make First Man an immersive and authentic cinematic experience