Rakesh’s exploration into photography began with a trip to the Grand Canyon. The grandeur of the place inspired him to capture and share his experiences. Such grand places required a grand vision, so Rakesh began working with large format film cameras, which he continues to favor for his fine art stills. His love of travel and adventure have lead Rakesh to visit exotic and varied places, from cities such as Kiev and Ronda to wild places like the Serengeti, the Alaskan tundra, the Pampas of Patagonia, and even to lofty heights such as the summits of Mounts Kilimanjaro and Rainier. Lately, in spite of continuing to make captivating still images with film and digital cameras, Rakesh has been applying his photographic skills to motion pictures. While still striving to convey a story with each individual frame, he longer has the limitation of being bound to a single form to tell the story.
Sigma and Tokina have long held reputations for making lenses you'd buy for your Nikon or Canon camera when you couldn't afford "the real thing" but still needed some okay glass to shoot with. That is changing as new models become more than viable first choice lenses.
Canon’s latest compact 70-200mm T4.4 completes its line up of large format cine servo lenses, while the EOS update is designed to deliver a massive 800% increase in dynamic range. There’s also a 4K pro monitor firmware update in the offing.
With cancelled cameras, layoffs in recent months of over 1000 staff, and its stock falling off a cliff after the revelation of an "extraordinary loss" during the last months of 2016, all does not currently seem well at Nikon. How did it get here, though, and what does its future hold?
High speed mobile: Sony has incorporated some very interesting features into its latest phone camera sensor, but will this technology (and the accompanying high frame rate capture) make the jump to Sony's professional camera lines?
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47355) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Wednesday 6 Sep 2017 - (11663) Venice is the new 6K full frame CineAlta camera from Sony
- Tuesday 5 Sep 2017 - (11464) Sony RX0: probably the best action cam so far!
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8263) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7318) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Tuesday 19 Sep 2017 - (933) The winners of the RedShark News awards at IBC 2017 announced
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (616) Avid’s MediaCentral promises to speed up collaborative workflows
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (578) RØDE goes wireless for vocal performance
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (1145) Metadata capable lenses from Zeiss help to smooth post workflows [video]
- Monday 18 Sep 2017 - (2559) The latest from Blackmagic Design at IBC 2017 [video]