Jonny Elwyn is a freelance editor and blogger who has been living and working in London, UK for the past 10 years. Having grown up with a deep love for film and a healthy geek interest in all things technical, editing is his perfect job.
Off the back of a decade of successful freelancing, Jonny has written a 100 page primer on How To Be A Freelance Creative – a straight-forward, practical guide to building a freelance creative career from the ground up.
Jonny Elwyn reckons that effective arguing in the edit room is not only an important part of the creative process, it can play a vital part in getting the end product right. Plus there's Pixar's implementation of 'plussing' to consider
- Saturday 9 Sep 2017 - (47764) The truth about colour. This is stuff every film-maker should know about.
- Tuesday 12 Sep 2017 - (8613) Canon announces two new fixed lens 4K camcorders with high frame rate capabilities
- Wednesday 13 Sep 2017 - (7923) HP boasts new workstation is ‘the most powerful on the planet’
- Friday 15 Sep 2017 - (7129) Sony's new 120fps 8K broadcast camera offers a step change for live broadcasting
- Sunday 17 Sep 2017 - (5417) Panasonic updates us on the amazing AU-EVA1 camcorder plus new footage [Video]
- Saturday 23 Sep 2017 - (94) How to travel with your drone
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (881) Remembering Final Cut Pro 7 - the end of an era
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (799) Atomos Sumo monitors to receive new capabilities with firmware updates [Video]
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (1098) IBC 2017 - Have manufacturers stopped playing the numbers game?
- Friday 22 Sep 2017 - (4429) First footage from the new Sony CineAlta VENICE