Jonny Elwyn is a freelance editor and blogger who has been living and working in London, UK for the past 10 years. Having grown up with a deep love for film and a healthy geek interest in all things technical, editing is his perfect job.
Off the back of a decade of successful freelancing, Jonny has written a 100 page primer on How To Be A Freelance Creative – a straight-forward, practical guide to building a freelance creative career from the ground up.
Replay: Jonny Elwyn reckons that effective arguing in the edit room is not only an important part of the creative process, it can play a vital part in getting the end product right. Plus there's Pixar's implementation of 'plussing' to consider
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (33928) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (13909) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11127) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10520) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7862) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (599) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (365) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2019!
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (645) Increasing diversity in the VFX industry - there's a long way to go
- Tuesday 20 Aug 2019 - (2677) Atomos Shogun 7 - Is this the best on-camera monitor-recorder you can buy?
- Monday 19 Aug 2019 - (1493) Video over IP is the last standard you'll ever need [sponsored]