Jonny Elwyn is a freelance editor and blogger who has been living and working in London, UK for the past 10 years. Having grown up with a deep love for film and a healthy geek interest in all things technical, editing is his perfect job.
Off the back of a decade of successful freelancing, Jonny has written a 100 page primer on How To Be A Freelance Creative – a straight-forward, practical guide to building a freelance creative career from the ground up.
Jonny Elwyn reckons that effective arguing in the edit room is not only an important part of the creative process, it can play a vital part in getting the end product right. Plus there's Pixar's implementation of 'plussing' to consider
- Saturday 12 May 2018 - (24576) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Tuesday 15 May 2018 - (18135) Apple's incredible 2020 transformation
- Monday 21 May 2018 - (14945) RED's entire camera line-up is changing. Simpler model range; lower prices
- Sunday 20 May 2018 - (11566) Red's Hydrogen phone is real and is "the beginning of a very long programme"
- Thursday 17 May 2018 - (10681) Avid Media Composer: Is it still relevant after all these years?
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (213) Essentials of the Sony Venice: Workflow
- Friday 25 May 2018 - (610) 8K is good, even for people who will never use it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1055) New lightweight and rugged high-end primes announced by Zeiss
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (1017) You cannot trust your ears, and we can prove it
- Thursday 24 May 2018 - (2041) Six great tips for lighting on a very low budget