I started out as a Video Tape Editor in the 1980’s and was one of the first editors to embrace non-linear editing at the beginning of the 90’s
I then went on to work for Lightworks and was instrumental in the development of their Heavyworks and Newsworks systems, sharing in the Technical Emmy that was awarded to the Heavyworks system.
After Lightworks I moved to Discreet logic (now part of Autodesk) where I was the European product specialist for Smoke and Fire.
I am an accredited Smoke trainer, I also do DaVinci Resolve training and I am an Independent Certified Expert for Sony.
We recently reviewed HP's 17in Mobile workstation and, while were very pleased with the performance, it wasn't necessarily the most portable of laptops. However, HP has now produced a 14in ZBook, dubbed it an Ultrabook Workstation, and loaded it with some very useful features.
We have lift-off! All of a sudden we feel as if we're reaching another significant tipping point for 4K as we've just seen an Acer 4K monitor and a couple of Dell units on sale for less than $450 (£300). And the good people at SpaceX have just provided a rather lovely 2:06 of footage to watch on them too.
Editors rely on computers with fast processing, plenty of memory and storage and a fast graphics card. HP's new ZBook Range seems to have all that and more and are truly mobile workstations. Neil Roberts recently got the chance to put one through its paces.
- Friday 6 Apr 2018 - (29515) Blackmagic 4K Pocket Cinema Camera is now a real thing
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28240) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Monday 9 Apr 2018 - (27321) The 4K Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera, quite probably, changes everything!
- Sunday 8 Apr 2018 - (24472) Sony FS5 II - Sony's camera gets upgraded with VENICE like colour science
- Saturday 7 Apr 2018 - (16940) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Friday 20 Apr 2018 - (307) If filmmakers don't embrace 8K, everyone else will!
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (745) This Kickstarter project makes old film cameras into digital ones!
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (821) iZotope show us just why its software is so good
- Thursday 19 Apr 2018 - (794) Could standalone headsets transform VR?
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (1012) These 16mm cameras changed the face of television production