I started out as a Video Tape Editor in the 1980’s and was one of the first editors to embrace non-linear editing at the beginning of the 90’s
I then went on to work for Lightworks and was instrumental in the development of their Heavyworks and Newsworks systems, sharing in the Technical Emmy that was awarded to the Heavyworks system.
After Lightworks I moved to Discreet logic (now part of Autodesk) where I was the European product specialist for Smoke and Fire.
I am an accredited Smoke trainer, I also do DaVinci Resolve training and I am an Independent Certified Expert for Sony.
We recently reviewed HP's 17in Mobile workstation and, while were very pleased with the performance, it wasn't necessarily the most portable of laptops. However, HP has now produced a 14in ZBook, dubbed it an Ultrabook Workstation, and loaded it with some very useful features.
We have lift-off! All of a sudden we feel as if we're reaching another significant tipping point for 4K as we've just seen an Acer 4K monitor and a couple of Dell units on sale for less than $450 (£300). And the good people at SpaceX have just provided a rather lovely 2:06 of footage to watch on them too.
Editors rely on computers with fast processing, plenty of memory and storage and a fast graphics card. HP's new ZBook Range seems to have all that and more and are truly mobile workstations. Neil Roberts recently got the chance to put one through its paces.
- Saturday 21 Apr 2018 - (49992) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 14 Apr 2018 - (28430) Coveted by top movie makers, this is how Cooke makes their lenses
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (12258) The Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is very real indeed!
- Wednesday 18 Apr 2018 - (8189) Is Resolve 15 now the ultimate "hero suite"?
- Thursday 12 Apr 2018 - (7594) Grant Petty of Blackmagic on the Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and Resolve 15
- Tuesday 24 Apr 2018 - (333) This could be good news for anyone who uses photo sharing sites
- Tuesday 24 Apr 2018 - (483) Adorama CEO talks about how the NYC-based reseller is adapting to the younger generation of filmmakers
- Tuesday 24 Apr 2018 - (1572) Fuji X-H1 music video first - footage and background story
- Monday 23 Apr 2018 - (1385) Are some vintage lenses a risk to health?
- Monday 23 Apr 2018 - (1328) Getting exposure right is hard. It's all about balance