I started out as a Video Tape Editor in the 1980’s and was one of the first editors to embrace non-linear editing at the beginning of the 90’s
I then went on to work for Lightworks and was instrumental in the development of their Heavyworks and Newsworks systems, sharing in the Technical Emmy that was awarded to the Heavyworks system.
After Lightworks I moved to Discreet logic (now part of Autodesk) where I was the European product specialist for Smoke and Fire.
I am an accredited Smoke trainer, I also do DaVinci Resolve training and I am an Independent Certified Expert for Sony.
We recently reviewed HP's 17in Mobile workstation and, while were very pleased with the performance, it wasn't necessarily the most portable of laptops. However, HP has now produced a 14in ZBook, dubbed it an Ultrabook Workstation, and loaded it with some very useful features.
We have lift-off! All of a sudden we feel as if we're reaching another significant tipping point for 4K as we've just seen an Acer 4K monitor and a couple of Dell units on sale for less than $450 (£300). And the good people at SpaceX have just provided a rather lovely 2:06 of footage to watch on them too.
Editors rely on computers with fast processing, plenty of memory and storage and a fast graphics card. HP's new ZBook Range seems to have all that and more and are truly mobile workstations. Neil Roberts recently got the chance to put one through its paces.
- Sunday 18 Feb 2018 - (81241) Five top tips for colorists
- Sunday 11 Feb 2018 - (35763) All about sensors, lenses and depth of field
- Monday 19 Feb 2018 - (7906) 6 great things we've discovered about DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 15 Feb 2018 - (5979) You've never seen New York like this: Phil Holland used 3x 8K MONSTRO cameras for this shoot
- Friday 9 Feb 2018 - (5595) Will the Alexa LF make large-format the new normal?
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (1164) Panasonic announces the worlds first 8K, 60 fps, HDR global shutter CMOS
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (444) How to set up a neutral-sounding edit room with IK Multimedia's ARC 2.5 system
- Wednesday 21 Feb 2018 - (796) Will VR affect the fate of the world?
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (772) Here are some important tips for good framing and staging
- Tuesday 20 Feb 2018 - (895) Everything you need to know about colour resolution