I started out as a Video Tape Editor in the 1980’s and was one of the first editors to embrace non-linear editing at the beginning of the 90’s
I then went on to work for Lightworks and was instrumental in the development of their Heavyworks and Newsworks systems, sharing in the Technical Emmy that was awarded to the Heavyworks system.
After Lightworks I moved to Discreet logic (now part of Autodesk) where I was the European product specialist for Smoke and Fire.
I am an accredited Smoke trainer, I also do DaVinci Resolve training and I am an Independent Certified Expert for Sony.
We recently reviewed HP's 17in Mobile workstation and, while were very pleased with the performance, it wasn't necessarily the most portable of laptops. However, HP has now produced a 14in ZBook, dubbed it an Ultrabook Workstation, and loaded it with some very useful features.
We have lift-off! All of a sudden we feel as if we're reaching another significant tipping point for 4K as we've just seen an Acer 4K monitor and a couple of Dell units on sale for less than $450 (£300). And the good people at SpaceX have just provided a rather lovely 2:06 of footage to watch on them too.
Editors rely on computers with fast processing, plenty of memory and storage and a fast graphics card. HP's new ZBook Range seems to have all that and more and are truly mobile workstations. Neil Roberts recently got the chance to put one through its paces.
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49605) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17534) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12680) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (6663) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5847) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 7 Dec 2019 - (410) How to use Resolve's Cut Page for multi-angle editing
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (828) The quality of your cables really does matter
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (2861) Learn precisely how to colour grade in this comprehensive new tutorial series
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (1068) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (972) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!