I started out as a Video Tape Editor in the 1980’s and was one of the first editors to embrace non-linear editing at the beginning of the 90’s
I then went on to work for Lightworks and was instrumental in the development of their Heavyworks and Newsworks systems, sharing in the Technical Emmy that was awarded to the Heavyworks system.
After Lightworks I moved to Discreet logic (now part of Autodesk) where I was the European product specialist for Smoke and Fire.
I am an accredited Smoke trainer, I also do DaVinci Resolve training and I am an Independent Certified Expert for Sony.
We recently reviewed HP's 17in Mobile workstation and, while were very pleased with the performance, it wasn't necessarily the most portable of laptops. However, HP has now produced a 14in ZBook, dubbed it an Ultrabook Workstation, and loaded it with some very useful features.
We have lift-off! All of a sudden we feel as if we're reaching another significant tipping point for 4K as we've just seen an Acer 4K monitor and a couple of Dell units on sale for less than $450 (£300). And the good people at SpaceX have just provided a rather lovely 2:06 of footage to watch on them too.
Editors rely on computers with fast processing, plenty of memory and storage and a fast graphics card. HP's new ZBook Range seems to have all that and more and are truly mobile workstations. Neil Roberts recently got the chance to put one through its paces.
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (19474) Blackmagic Design's radical new video editor
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (13492) FeiyuTech introduces a new action camera along with innovative gimbal technology
- Monday 8 Apr 2019 - (6456) DaVinci Resolve 16 is here, and make no mistake, this is a big update
- Sunday 14 Apr 2019 - (5950) There were some important developments in LED lighting at this year's NAB Show
- Friday 12 Apr 2019 - (5709) Blackmagic confirms ongoing support for Fusion with Fusion 16 Studio
- Tuesday 23 Apr 2019 - (245) Thunderbolt storage - made bigger and faster
- Monday 22 Apr 2019 - (561) The future looks very good for Boris FX
- Sunday 21 Apr 2019 - (865) When you're filming on a mountain, make sure you're properly prepared
- Saturday 20 Apr 2019 - (5061) Arguing in the edit suite: how it can be a good thing
- Friday 19 Apr 2019 - (1071) The lion king shows how great modern animation can be