02 Feb 2017
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff WriterRead more...
30 Jan 2017
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.Read more...
14 Jan 2017
Robert Altman was a leading light of 1970s US cinema movement who exploited audio technology in innovative creative ways. Kevin Hilton looks at the sound styles of his films, focusing on M*A*S*H and the lesser known but still pivotal That Cold Day in the Park. By Kevin Hilton.Read more...
04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15106) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13393) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4733) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4720) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4220) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (195) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (476) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (613) Self-shooting for documentaries is a vastly under-appreciated skillset
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (859) Wooden Camera's D-Box will be an essential accessory for some users
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (1601) Building a workstation - how do you choose what memory to use?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video