14 Jan 2017
Robert Altman was a leading light of 1970s US cinema movement who exploited audio technology in innovative creative ways. Kevin Hilton looks at the sound styles of his films, focusing on M*A*S*H and the lesser known but still pivotal That Cold Day in the Park. By Kevin Hilton.Read more...
04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
10 Dec 2016
Here's a bit of advice that may seem elementary, but is a crucially important factor to your audio recording success.Read more...
08 Dec 2016
We test drive the Nektar Impact LX88+ keyboard and MIDI controller, which represents a huge value for its price. By Erik Vlietinck.Read more...
- Saturday 7 Sep 2019 - (66423) How to understand waveform and vector displays
- Friday 6 Sep 2019 - (14218) Review: The Laowa 100mm f2.8 2:1 macro lens has a lot going for it
- Saturday 14 Sep 2019 - (9467) Canon is probably a different company to the one you think it is
- Thursday 5 Sep 2019 - (7839) EOS C500 MK II: Canon's new 6K Full Frame cinema camera aims at the high end with a midrange price
- Tuesday 10 Sep 2019 - (6483) This plugin for Premiere Pro CC makes it work everywhere: meet EditMate [Promotion]
- Sunday 15 Sep 2019 - (159) ARRI introduces stunning new Orbiter light
- Sunday 15 Sep 2019 - (954) Atomos takes Shogun 7 up to 3000nits, boosts Nikon, Panasonic and Sony capabilities
- Sunday 15 Sep 2019 - (828) RedShark at IBC2019 - Day Two round-up video
- Saturday 14 Sep 2019 - (2410) Adobe to add ProRes RAW support
- Saturday 14 Sep 2019 - (9468) Canon is probably a different company to the one you think it is
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video