27 Sep 2016
From 30-second adverts to TV documentaries, drama and light entertainment to feature film: pairing music to visuals is a delicate balance.Read more...
19 Sep 2016
We take a preliminary look at the new McIntosh MHA150 Headphone amplifier, which may be a bargain, even at its premium pricing.Read more...
14 Sep 2016
Music editing is an integral part of the post production process, whether you’re creating videos or films for personal, academic or commercial use. The key elements you need to start editing music to match your visuals are a creative eye (and ear), obsessive attention to detail and a small helping of technical knowledge. Here are some tips to help you…Read more...
Zoom, the company that has become synonimous with low cost yet capable portable audio recorders for film and video use, has announced its latest recorder, which likely ticks a lot of boxes for a certain level of film professional and production.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13252) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5092) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (214) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (511) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1648) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1386) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4135) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video