RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
10 Dec 2016
Here's a bit of advice that may seem elementary, but is a crucially important factor to your audio recording success.Read more...
08 Dec 2016
We test drive the Nektar Impact LX88+ keyboard and MIDI controller, which represents a huge value for its price. By Erik Vlietinck.Read more...
In many respects sampling has made us rather complacent in the way we build up music. As a chance late-night rewatching of The Making of Dark Side of the Moon proves, back in the day creating certain audio effects required serious commitment. Not to mention a mic stand to loop the tape around.Read more...
19 Oct 2016
Here's a peek at the first ever virtual electric bass that's been physically modelled to behave as it would in the real world.Read more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31430) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20671) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11962) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (207) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (730) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2415) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (744) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6260) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video