In many respects sampling has made us rather complacent in the way we build up music. As a chance late-night rewatching of The Making of Dark Side of the Moon proves, back in the day creating certain audio effects required serious commitment. Not to mention a mic stand to loop the tape around.Read more...
19 Oct 2016
Here's a peek at the first ever virtual electric bass that's been physically modelled to behave as it would in the real world.Read more...
TASCAM’s new DR-10L is an ultra-compact recorder that comes with a Lavalier microphone that is both small and discrete and, says it makers, eliminates the uncertainties of wireless microphone systems.Read more...
12 Oct 2016
In film, soundtrack is just as important as visuals for telling the story – it helps to fully convey the intended emotion of a scene, establish continuity and add momentum.Read more...
10 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: If you enjoy listening to your music through a smartphone (or most other consumer audio devices), then the Mojo headphone amplifier may drastically improve the experience.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
The ever-active iZotope has just announced its new mixing plug-in, Neutron, which will be available from October 5 and features a couple of intriguing-sounding industry firsts.Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18943) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16604) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13500) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7224) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Monday 13 May 2019 - (4795) Blackmagic's 8K switcher is a vision from the future
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (622) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (1077) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (3340) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1136) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (960) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video