They only had one chance at a take. The BBC's news item about a recent experimental recording of an orchestral piece direct to vinyl shows just how affectionately we still view the medium. But did it offer any advantages over digital, and did it prove anything?Read more...
14 Sep 2017
RedShark Review: While collaborative workflows for video have received a lot of attention in recent years, musicians have not had the same attention paid to their needs. Until now.Read more...
19 Jul 2017
Audio is a vital part of any video production, but not everyone knows exactly how important it can be. Because the right Sound Effects (SFX) and the right music can actually make your project look better.Read more...
10 Jul 2017
Genelec's three-way coaxial 8351 studio monitor has been joined by the 8331 and 8341 to create a complete compact coaxial range. The company calls the series “The Ones”, with the two newly introduced monitors claimed to be the smallest available on today’s market.Read more...
RedShark Review: Phil Rhodes takes the opportunity of looking at DPA Microphones' new SCM0013-B lavalier clip to look at some radio mic gear and examine some of the choices that exist in the current market, especially at the high end.Read more...
15 May 2017
Last month to comparatively little fanfare, the developer of the mp3 codec, Fraunhofer IIS, announced that it was pulling the plug on the format after two decades at the front of audio compression.Read more...
26 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton interviews Evan Allen from iZotope and finds that machine learning has been instrumental in developing several of the new modules in its latest RX 6 audio post software.Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18932) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16452) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13491) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7217) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (5314) Computational Imaging is coming and will change the face of photography and video
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (98) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (827) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (2881) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1016) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (909) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video