04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
10 Dec 2016
Here's a bit of advice that may seem elementary, but is a crucially important factor to your audio recording success.Read more...
08 Dec 2016
We test drive the Nektar Impact LX88+ keyboard and MIDI controller, which represents a huge value for its price. By Erik Vlietinck.Read more...
- Saturday 22 Sep 2018 - (38238) The Beginner's Guide to LUTs
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8829) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (7721) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7685) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (4613) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Tuesday 25 Sep 2018 - (366) Panasonic leaps into full-frame with brand new mirrorless cameras
- Tuesday 25 Sep 2018 - (1533) Should you upgrade to iPhone XS? Is it the video and photo powerhouse that Apple claims?
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (398) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2018!
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1600) RED's new HDR showreel is high resolution video at its most eye-catching
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1882) Science fiction doesn't always have the best ideas
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video