04 Jan 2017
RedShark review: Aputure’s new $369 Deity mic is both aggressively priced and aggressively marketed, with both the Schoeps CMC641 and Sennheiser MKH-60 in its sights. Phil Rhodes is guardedly impressed.Read more...
22 Dec 2016
The Pro Tools conveyer keeps on rolling on, v12.7 being the seventh consecutive quarterly Pro Tools release since Avid introduced Avid All Access Plans and Cloud Subscriptions. Its got some good stuff in it, mind.Read more...
18 Dec 2016
RedShark replay: There is an argument about digital audio versus vinyl that doesn’t seem to want to go away. But I think it should, and there’s a good reason why: it's a Category Mistake.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Peter Gabriel’s iconic ‘So’ was one of the records that had a high-profile half-speed vinyl remaster treatment in 2016, but the 1986 original highlighted one of the many drawbacks of the format.Read more...
10 Dec 2016
Here's a bit of advice that may seem elementary, but is a crucially important factor to your audio recording success.Read more...
08 Dec 2016
We test drive the Nektar Impact LX88+ keyboard and MIDI controller, which represents a huge value for its price. By Erik Vlietinck.Read more...
- Sunday 11 Nov 2018 - (180504) In Pursuit Of Excellence: The RØDE Microphone Story
- Sunday 4 Nov 2018 - (42697) Enjoy your digital films and videos while you can... before they disappear
- Wednesday 7 Nov 2018 - (7962) The Dell Precision 7730 could be the fastest performing mobile workstation available today
- Friday 2 Nov 2018 - (7357) Panasonic's new "organic" 8K HDR camera is revolutionary
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (4419) Samsung Infinity Flex Display: The foldable screens are finally here
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (412) Edit suites have evolved in a way that would be unrecognisable only a decade ago
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (692) The Aputure Light Dome II is a very affordable soft box
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (1226) The Arri Alexa is arguably the most influential filmmaking camera of our time
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (1660) Walmart might be your go-to retailer for a powerful new computer!
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (2108) How do you choose a monitor for colour grading?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video