08 Oct 2015
After an intensive development programme, iZotope has just released its RX Post Production Suite and a new version of its well-regarded RX 5 Audio Editor.Read more...
21 Aug 2015
Kiwi Digital has just unveiled the commercial version of its VoiceQ ADR and dubbing tool, which pulls the rythmo band into the digital age.Read more...
04 Aug 2015
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
23 Jul 2015
The iPhone's Lightning port is much more than a charging and headphone socket. You can use it to get high quality digital audio in to your phone. Sennheiser has taken advantage of this to make a very high quality microphone with an A/D converter - ideal for making voice-overs and pieces to camera out in the field.Read more...
18 Jun 2015
Phil Rhodes, our Technical Editor, may incur the wrath of audiophiles and engineers with thie idea that "the audio equipment world has it fairly easy," but he draws intriguing parallels between audio and camera equipment development, which may be instructive for manufacturers.Read more...
06 May 2015
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?Read more...
24 Mar 2015
The new version of Pro Tools brings it into the new age of software subscription pricingRead more...
- Sunday 24 Nov 2019 - (49548) Why can't there just be one, really good, codec?
- Sunday 1 Dec 2019 - (17409) How George Lucas pioneered the use of Digital Video in feature films with the Sony HDW F900
- Tuesday 26 Nov 2019 - (12585) HERO8 Black: GoPro might just have changed the game yet again
- Saturday 30 Nov 2019 - (5652) The HERO8 Black is a little marvel of a camera.
- Saturday 23 Nov 2019 - (5391) NLEs are about to explode
- Friday 6 Dec 2019 - (35) Colour is still incredibly important... even if you are shooting in black & white
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (346) RedShark Connect: Filmmaking on the Move - Holiday Edition!
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (2483) Find out which CPU is best for DaVinci Resolve
- Thursday 5 Dec 2019 - (369) Critically assessing lights is highly complex
- Wednesday 4 Dec 2019 - (1527) The Panasonic AJ-CX4000 shows that the ENG camera is far from dead
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video