15 Sep 2018
When you think of audio fixing, you probably think of “iZotope RX Advanced”. It is the industry standard for audio post production regardless of the environment in which the audio is used, be it movies, music or even criminal forensics. iZotope has now released updates of RX 7, its metering app Insight and the full RX Post Production Suite.Read more...
16 Jul 2018
The announcement of Tascam's new cassette deck raised a few eyebrows. Is tape simply just another type of sound in a creative world?Read more...
04 Jul 2018
iZotope has always impressed us with its range of filters and effects. Erik Vlietinck takes a look at the potentially very powerful VocalSynth 2.Read more...
An audio compressor is one of the most important parts of sound design and mixing, but it is also one of the most misunderstood and mis-used. Here Tim Dunphy unravels the mysteries surrounding the audio compressor filter.Read more...
03 Jul 2018
When you are mixing audio it is easy to end up with a signal that is too hot. How do you keep a track of what is happening so that you can ensure consistency throughout your mix?Read more...
14 Jun 2018
If you want the very latest in technology you might want to consider buying a new... cassette deck!Read more...
18 May 2018
One of the greatest boxing films of all time was also host to one of the most involved sound design assignments in its period. Kevin Hilton looks back at the sound design work of Frank Warner on Raging Bull.Read more...
09 May 2018
The audio you get from your computer, and that includes soundtracks from each and every video project you've worked on, is objectively poor, if you don't have a good Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).Read more...
- Saturday 17 Aug 2019 - (34141) This is how you animate an eyeball. (This is the best 3D animation we've ever seen.)
- Monday 12 Aug 2019 - (14059) BMPCC 6K: We have one, and here are our first impressions
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (11197) Blackmagic's new BMPCC 6K is here!
- Thursday 8 Aug 2019 - (10579) Liveblog - New Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K with EF Mount
- Thursday 15 Aug 2019 - (7987) This might be the most powerful workstation you can buy
- Friday 23 Aug 2019 - (282) Bounced light produces amazing results, so why has it fallen out of fashion?
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (2139) Here's the first in-depth review of Blackmagic's Pocket Cinema Camera 6K
- Thursday 22 Aug 2019 - (5153) You know what? Windows is a good operating system
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1496) When someone says 'it’ll never work’ it often means that it will
- Wednesday 21 Aug 2019 - (1362) Rotating tape heads were necessary at the time but nobody's sorry to see them go
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video