06 Nov 2017
RedShark Review: Sound Devices released its MixPre series of audio recorders earlier this year, with the MixPre-10 the most recent addition. Erik Vlietinck had the opportunity to try out a MixPre-6, a compact recorder that can handle eight channels and promises audio quality that belies its size and price.Read more...
27 Oct 2017
Whilst much of the focus on Blade Runner 2049 has been on the incredible visuals, sound plays a huge part in the movie’s emotional atmosphere. This amazingly informative video delves into the production of the soundtrack for the film.Read more...
26 Oct 2017
iZotope's audio plugins can be a life saver. Particularly when it comes to noise reduction. The company has now introduced comprehensive updates to its Ozone and Neutron mastering and mixing software plugins. Erik Vlietinck gives us his verdict.Read more...
20 Oct 2017
Sound is 70% of what we see, or so the mantra goes. Much is made of sound design for traditional films, but how do you create an effective sound mix for VR?Read more...
18 Oct 2017
RedShark review: Oliver Peters offers us his perspective on the popular and very capable Sound Forge Pro Mac 3 audio editing software.Read more...
They only had one chance at a take. The BBC's news item about a recent experimental recording of an orchestral piece direct to vinyl shows just how affectionately we still view the medium. But did it offer any advantages over digital, and did it prove anything?Read more...
14 Sep 2017
RedShark Review: While collaborative workflows for video have received a lot of attention in recent years, musicians have not had the same attention paid to their needs. Until now.Read more...
19 Jul 2017
Audio is a vital part of any video production, but not everyone knows exactly how important it can be. Because the right Sound Effects (SFX) and the right music can actually make your project look better.Read more...
10 Jul 2017
Genelec's three-way coaxial 8351 studio monitor has been joined by the 8331 and 8341 to create a complete compact coaxial range. The company calls the series “The Ones”, with the two newly introduced monitors claimed to be the smallest available on today’s market.Read more...
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29524) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24238) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12970) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12043) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8200) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (218) RED uses Nvidia’s new Turing architecture for realtime 8K
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (840) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (471) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1535) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1350) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video