Some people take the view that a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) is the software that you use to edit your audio tracks. Leo Waldock argues that a DAW is a combination of a suitable laptop or PC, the sound card/interface, your chosen software and the mouse or instrument you use to control the software. And here's how to put one together...Read more...
25 Feb 2016
Google Cardboard is a remarkable and easily obtained VR viewer. We tried it out and wondered how much directional audio would improve the experienceRead more...
23 Feb 2016
What's not to like? Here's a new smartphone with a DAC module made by a top HiFi manufacturerRead more...
20 Feb 2016
US-based software company iZotope has created software that fixes things that aren't supposed to be fixable - all in an extremely user-friendly way. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
18 Feb 2016
Sound Devices' luxurious-feeling fader control surface now works with more products from the respected audio (and video!) companyRead more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63953) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24620) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11330) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7944) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6789) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (234) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (573) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1658) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (848) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (724) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video