26 Jan 2016
The music editing software that allows you to edit individual notes in a complex audio recording just got a lot more powerful. Released just a week ago, this is a big upgradeRead more...
24 Jan 2016
It's unique, and it's pretty amazing. The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) show is an experience to behold. Here's what it's like to attend this extraordinary showRead more...
23 Jan 2016
One of the hits of NAMM so far judging by the reaction of everyone who sees it is the Arturias MaxtrixBrute synth. Peter Gardner is not immune.Read more...
22 Jan 2016
You may be wondering whether the Web needs another audio publication. We did too. And we found that while there are some very good sites out there — excellent, in fact — most, if not all of them are somewhat niche. There’s really nothing there that covers everything audio. RedShark Sound will.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13251) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8578) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7071) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5089) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5083) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (201) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (506) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1632) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1374) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4121) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video