There's something rather curious about sound, which is that it can range from a simple, single tone like a sine wave (or a flute, if you like) to a complete orchestra at the climax of a symphony. Even day-to-day background "atmospheres" can be a complex mosaic of hundreds of sonic elements: just think of the din at a supermarket checkout,…Read more...
29 Jan 2016
If you need to record or digitise sound professionally, you need a high quality analogue to digital converter. We test the PrismSound Titan - a high-performing, high-end USB audio interfaceRead more...
27 Jan 2016
This new analogue synth has something novel up it's sleeve: it's novel!Read more...
26 Jan 2016
The music editing software that allows you to edit individual notes in a complex audio recording just got a lot more powerful. Released just a week ago, this is a big upgradeRead more...
24 Jan 2016
It's unique, and it's pretty amazing. The National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) show is an experience to behold. Here's what it's like to attend this extraordinary showRead more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35547) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17942) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11245) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7705) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6365) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (996) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (727) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (513) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (784) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1188) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video