01 Feb 2016
The iPhone's Lightning port is much more than a charging and headphone socket. You can use it to get high quality digital audio in to your phone. Sennheiser has taken advantage of this to make a very high quality microphone with an A/D converter - ideal for making voice-overs and pieces to camera out in the fieldRead more...
There's something rather curious about sound, which is that it can range from a simple, single tone like a sine wave (or a flute, if you like) to a complete orchestra at the climax of a symphony. Even day-to-day background "atmospheres" can be a complex mosaic of hundreds of sonic elements: just think of the din at a supermarket checkout,…Read more...
29 Jan 2016
If you need to record or digitise sound professionally, you need a high quality analogue to digital converter. We test the PrismSound Titan - a high-performing, high-end USB audio interfaceRead more...
27 Jan 2016
This new analogue synth has something novel up it's sleeve: it's novel!Read more...
- Saturday 11 May 2019 - (18943) Why the film look still matters in the digital age
- Tuesday 21 May 2019 - (16596) Apple is inching closer to revealing its new generation Mac Pro.
- Saturday 18 May 2019 - (13499) How to work with high ISO
- Friday 10 May 2019 - (7224) The future of GPUs: Intel is getting serious [Opinion]
- Monday 13 May 2019 - (4794) Blackmagic's 8K switcher is a vision from the future
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (560) These are the five top action cameras to look out for in 2019
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (1064) Apple has finally given the world what it wants, an 8-core MacBook Pro
- Friday 24 May 2019 - (3323) Fujifilm’s impressive (and expensive) new 102 megapixel GFX100
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (1130) How to record from a microphone to a computer for voiceovers, podcasts, etc. [Sponsored]
- Thursday 23 May 2019 - (957) Bebob's Micro batteries will last longer than your camera
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video