22 Jan 2016
You may be wondering whether the Web needs another audio publication. We did too. And we found that while there are some very good sites out there — excellent, in fact — most, if not all of them are somewhat niche. There’s really nothing there that covers everything audio. RedShark Sound will.Read more...
We spend a lot of time and money designing microphone pre amps that are so quiet you can turn the wick up and listen to the grass growing. We spend less time thinking about sound that is so loud it can almost destroy a building.Read more...
21 Jan 2016
You can't exist in today's tornado of technological progress without expecting things to change drastically. Waves LV1 just possibly changes everything in the world of audio mixing. By Phil WardRead more...
20 Jan 2016
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
20 Jan 2016
In one of the early NAMM announcements this year Apogee has unveiled the Symphony I/O Mk II, the successor to its former flagship has been was well regarded throughout the industry for its sound quality and features. By Peter Gardner.Read more...
18 Jan 2016
DPA’s latest addition to its d:screet range, the Slim series, is a mere 10mm long, 3mm thick and as unobtrusive as they come, but still delivers excellent audio.Read more...
18 Jan 2016
Sony has taken the hand held recorder form factor and added high sample rates, 24 bit and DSD recordingRead more...
I've always loved making inappropriate noises from strange artefacts For example, there's nothing more satisfying (or more complex, for that matter) than the sound of a wet teabag thrown into an empty metal wastepaper bin. Don't believe me? Try it. It's not as if you need a budget for it. It's sort of: "Pthhhsplogfdgghethnk!", although your mileage may vary, and…Read more...
- Saturday 22 Sep 2018 - (38224) The Beginner's Guide to LUTs
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8820) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (7708) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7676) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (4610) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Tuesday 25 Sep 2018 - (1091) Should you upgrade to iPhone XS? Is it the video and photo powerhouse that Apple claims?
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (374) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2018!
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1532) RED's new HDR showreel is high resolution video at its most eye-catching
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1770) Science fiction doesn't always have the best ideas
- Sunday 23 Sep 2018 - (638) Streaming delays are a major problem to overcome
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video