22 Jan 2016
You may be wondering whether the Web needs another audio publication. We did too. And we found that while there are some very good sites out there — excellent, in fact — most, if not all of them are somewhat niche. There’s really nothing there that covers everything audio. RedShark Sound will.Read more...
We spend a lot of time and money designing microphone pre amps that are so quiet you can turn the wick up and listen to the grass growing. We spend less time thinking about sound that is so loud it can almost destroy a building.Read more...
21 Jan 2016
You can't exist in today's tornado of technological progress without expecting things to change drastically. Waves LV1 just possibly changes everything in the world of audio mixing. By Phil WardRead more...
20 Jan 2016
How do you get a big-speaker sound out of a small one? Like this:Read more...
20 Jan 2016
In one of the early NAMM announcements this year Apogee has unveiled the Symphony I/O Mk II, the successor to its former flagship has been was well regarded throughout the industry for its sound quality and features. By Peter Gardner.Read more...
18 Jan 2016
DPA’s latest addition to its d:screet range, the Slim series, is a mere 10mm long, 3mm thick and as unobtrusive as they come, but still delivers excellent audio.Read more...
18 Jan 2016
Sony has taken the hand held recorder form factor and added high sample rates, 24 bit and DSD recordingRead more...
I've always loved making inappropriate noises from strange artefacts For example, there's nothing more satisfying (or more complex, for that matter) than the sound of a wet teabag thrown into an empty metal wastepaper bin. Don't believe me? Try it. It's not as if you need a budget for it. It's sort of: "Pthhhsplogfdgghethnk!", although your mileage may vary, and…Read more...
- Sunday 11 Nov 2018 - (180497) In Pursuit Of Excellence: The RØDE Microphone Story
- Sunday 4 Nov 2018 - (42693) Enjoy your digital films and videos while you can... before they disappear
- Wednesday 7 Nov 2018 - (7956) The Dell Precision 7730 could be the fastest performing mobile workstation available today
- Friday 2 Nov 2018 - (7356) Panasonic's new "organic" 8K HDR camera is revolutionary
- Tuesday 30 Oct 2018 - (4357) Blackmagic Design unleashes the eGPU Pro
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (365) Edit suites have evolved in a way that would be unrecognisable only a decade ago
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (663) The Aputure Light Dome II is a very affordable soft box
- Tuesday 13 Nov 2018 - (1178) The Arri Alexa is arguably the most influential filmmaking camera of our time
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (1635) Walmart might be your go-to retailer for a powerful new computer!
- Monday 12 Nov 2018 - (2061) How do you choose a monitor for colour grading?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video