20 Feb 2016
US-based software company iZotope has created software that fixes things that aren't supposed to be fixable - all in an extremely user-friendly way. By Iain Churchill-Coleman.Read more...
18 Feb 2016
Sound Devices' luxurious-feeling fader control surface now works with more products from the respected audio (and video!) companyRead more...
17 Feb 2016
Electronics giant Adorama has teamed up with CBS Radio to offer a new, premiere audio-centric live performance and event space in New York. And it rocks.Read more...
Now this may seem weird coming from someone who’s been a cameraman for most of his working life and maybe it’s bit late to make amends, but I think it is time to reassert the importance of the sound recordist. By Roland Denning.Read more...
09 Feb 2016
Technics revives the SL-1200 Direct Drive Turntable. And the surprising thing is that it's not really surprisingRead more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8582) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5095) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5089) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (243) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (521) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1659) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1394) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4144) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video