09 Mar 2016
Sony stopped production of Minidisc recorders and players after 21 years in 2013. Most 20 year old audio enthusiasts would be surprised to hear that they were born after the arrival of this digital audio disk system. But how did it manage to cling to life for so long?Read more...
08 Mar 2016
We take a look at a technological oddity of yesteryear, the vertical record player - an unneeded (and ultimately unwanted) engineering marvel.Read more...
03 Mar 2016
We've always wanted to try this, and now we don't have to, because here it is, in all its screeching gloryRead more...
Some people take the view that a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) is the software that you use to edit your audio tracks. Leo Waldock argues that a DAW is a combination of a suitable laptop or PC, the sound card/interface, your chosen software and the mouse or instrument you use to control the software. And here's how to put one together...Read more...
25 Feb 2016
Google Cardboard is a remarkable and easily obtained VR viewer. We tried it out and wondered how much directional audio would improve the experienceRead more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31430) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20672) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11964) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (229) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (753) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2436) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (750) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6445) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video