Do you lose something when you go from analogue to digital? Why do so many of us still believe vinyl will always sound better than digital reproduction? The arguments have a lot in common with the film vs digital video recording debate.Read more...
17 Mar 2016
Audiolab has recently extended its 8300 line with two new models and introduced other products for professionals. By Dan George.Read more...
15 Mar 2016
A new pro-audio add-on from Sound Devices means that Video Devices recording monitors can have full professional audio facllitiesRead more...
Over the span of two decades entertainment has evolved from a physical to a virtual industry. Guest author Gabriel Dusil explores how our world of entertainment has evolved and what happened to the once-prestigious Hi-Fi tower.Read more...
10 Mar 2016
We were shocked to see how many tracks this MacBook Air was playing back.Read more...
09 Mar 2016
Sony stopped production of Minidisc recorders and players after 21 years in 2013. Most 20 year old audio enthusiasts would be surprised to hear that they were born after the arrival of this digital audio disk system. But how did it manage to cling to life for so long?Read more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15107) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13393) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4736) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4720) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4220) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (221) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (490) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (618) Self-shooting for documentaries is a vastly under-appreciated skillset
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (861) Wooden Camera's D-Box will be an essential accessory for some users
- Monday 18 Nov 2019 - (1610) Building a workstation - how do you choose what memory to use?
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video