25 Apr 2016
The history of digital signal processing has moved from dedicated DSP chips to FPGAs. Now Intel CPUs are handling the processing duties for some live mixing boards, aided by simple operating systems designed for such use.Read more...
22 Apr 2016
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?Read more...
20 Apr 2016
Genelec has introduced the 8430A IP SAM studio monitor, which brings AES67 audio-over-IP capabilities via AES67, an industry first.Read more...
13 Apr 2016
Piracy and illegal copying have been an issue for as long as there have been recordings. Digital audio technology has made things much worse. It was what killed DAT (Digital Audio Tape) as a consumer format. And with internet file sharing, the genie is, seemingly, out of the bottle forever.Read more...
13 Apr 2016
We profile the Goliath from Antelope Audio, a large interface that offers ample features and connectivity options for the premium professional market.Read more...
- Sunday 17 Nov 2019 - (15367) This isn't a photograph - it's an amazing render
- Friday 8 Nov 2019 - (13457) Has the Holy Grail of long term storage finally been discovered?
- Wednesday 13 Nov 2019 - (4924) 16" Macbook Pro is a big step forward
- Monday 11 Nov 2019 - (4775) AMD announces Ryzen 9 3950X
- Tuesday 12 Nov 2019 - (4288) Dell's pint sized workstation is more powerful than you might think
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (149) Here's a comprehensive tutorial video for DaVinci Resolve's Cut Page
- Wednesday 20 Nov 2019 - (565) AMD announces Radeon Pro W5700 with 7nm fabrication
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (1351) Here's our first impressions of the GoPro Hero 8
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (3443) Netflix now requires its films to be made in HDR
- Tuesday 19 Nov 2019 - (1438) Motorola looks to have aced the foldable phone
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video