25 Apr 2016
The history of digital signal processing has moved from dedicated DSP chips to FPGAs. Now Intel CPUs are handling the processing duties for some live mixing boards, aided by simple operating systems designed for such use.Read more...
22 Apr 2016
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?Read more...
20 Apr 2016
Genelec has introduced the 8430A IP SAM studio monitor, which brings AES67 audio-over-IP capabilities via AES67, an industry first.Read more...
13 Apr 2016
Piracy and illegal copying have been an issue for as long as there have been recordings. Digital audio technology has made things much worse. It was what killed DAT (Digital Audio Tape) as a consumer format. And with internet file sharing, the genie is, seemingly, out of the bottle forever.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5095) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (227) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (518) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1653) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1391) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4142) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video