04 May 2016
I took this picture last month in a large Sainsbury’s on the outskirts of Leicester. Myself and my daughter walked in and there it was: a cardboard tower of vinyl.Read more...
25 Apr 2016
The history of digital signal processing has moved from dedicated DSP chips to FPGAs. Now Intel CPUs are handling the processing duties for some live mixing boards, aided by simple operating systems designed for such use.Read more...
22 Apr 2016
Equipment for reproducing high end audio - so that you can actually hear the difference - is expensive. Would you buy Sony's top-end Walkman?Read more...
- Sunday 10 Mar 2019 - (35547) How To Edit. Part 1: Preparation
- Sunday 17 Mar 2019 - (17944) Data Bending: Creating Unique Digital Visual Effects
- Monday 11 Mar 2019 - (11246) The one simple secret of lighting a face
- Tuesday 19 Mar 2019 - (7715) The Nikon Z 6 - Has the king of the crossover cameras arrived?
- Wednesday 13 Mar 2019 - (6372) The Sony PXW-Z90 - The perfect documentary camera?
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (1338) WD Blue SN500 brings NVMe storage to the budget market
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (771) IP Video is amazing, and it's for everyone - not just big broadcasters
- Thursday 21 Mar 2019 - (520) Frame.io's 10 new features make collaboration even easier
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (789) A lovely illustration of how to explain how something works. We need more of this!
- Wednesday 20 Mar 2019 - (1194) If you want a good showreel, make a really short film
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video