21 Jul 2016
We review a new keyboard controller for your digital audio workstation, the Impact GX49 by Nektar. By Erik Vlietinck.Read more...
11 Jul 2016
Long regarded as the outcast of the musical community because of their sheer, well noise, the motion captured Aerodrum kit could solve drummer’s sociability problems at a stroke.Read more...
06 Jul 2016
Here are five useful tools that should enhance the workflow of video and film professionals.Read more...
04 Jul 2016
The Oramics Machine was a pioneering synth the size of a large photocopier that turned drawn sounds into real ones, but inventor, Daphne Oram's, plans for a mini version languished unmade for 40 years until just recently.Read more...
- Monday 7 Jan 2019 - (13253) No, Apple hasn't abandoned professionals and it's not going bust. Here's why.
- Monday 14 Jan 2019 - (8580) If you thought data wrangling on earth was hard, spare a thought for NASA!
- Thursday 3 Jan 2019 - (7072) A new take on HDR: One of the best explanations you'll see
- Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 - (5095) Atomos hints at a new type of future for video makers
- Tuesday 15 Jan 2019 - (5088) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Friday 18 Jan 2019 - (227) This is why drone filming can never reach its true potential
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (518) Escape From New York was a triumph of minimalist soundtrack design
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1653) What's the difference between log modes and HDR?
- Thursday 17 Jan 2019 - (1391) Before you buy a vintage lens, you might want to read this first
- Wednesday 16 Jan 2019 - (4142) Why do we keep thinking in 35mm for focal lengths?
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video