In many respects sampling has made us rather complacent in the way we build up music. As a chance late-night rewatching of The Making of Dark Side of the Moon proves, back in the day creating certain audio effects required serious commitment. Not to mention a mic stand to loop the tape around.Read more...
19 Oct 2016
Here's a peek at the first ever virtual electric bass that's been physically modelled to behave as it would in the real world.Read more...
TASCAM’s new DR-10L is an ultra-compact recorder that comes with a Lavalier microphone that is both small and discrete and, says it makers, eliminates the uncertainties of wireless microphone systems.Read more...
12 Oct 2016
In film, soundtrack is just as important as visuals for telling the story – it helps to fully convey the intended emotion of a scene, establish continuity and add momentum.Read more...
10 Oct 2016
RedShark Review: If you enjoy listening to your music through a smartphone (or most other consumer audio devices), then the Mojo headphone amplifier may drastically improve the experience.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
The ever-active iZotope has just announced its new mixing plug-in, Neutron, which will be available from October 5 and features a couple of intriguing-sounding industry firsts.Read more...
27 Sep 2016
From 30-second adverts to TV documentaries, drama and light entertainment to feature film: pairing music to visuals is a delicate balance.Read more...
19 Sep 2016
We take a preliminary look at the new McIntosh MHA150 Headphone amplifier, which may be a bargain, even at its premium pricing.Read more...
- Sunday 16 Feb 2020 - (63960) Is 4K pointless, or perfect? Or is it both?
- Friday 7 Feb 2020 - (24626) How to build a fast and affordable RAID array on a budget
- Sunday 9 Feb 2020 - (11332) No, 8k isn't going to fail just like 3D. Here's why
- Wednesday 5 Feb 2020 - (7946) The Panasonic S series cameras are go anywhere, do anything powerhouses [sponsored]
- Friday 14 Feb 2020 - (6793) This is why Magix Vegas is now a NLE to look out for
- Thursday 20 Feb 2020 - (269) You want pixels? Samsung will put 108 megapixels in your phone
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (592) ROKINON announces new ultra light wide angle XEEN CF cine primes
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (1716) Is Intel back in the game?
- Wednesday 19 Feb 2020 - (871) Truly edit on the move. LumaFusion NLE now exports XML to FCP X
- Tuesday 18 Feb 2020 - (730) PolarPro's LiteChaser Pro announced. It's never been a better time to be a mobile creative
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video