There have been several web-based drum machine and synth recreations, but for our money the TR-808 at io808.com, which appropriately enough debuted on the 8th August, is one of the best recreations yet.Read more...
17 Aug 2016
We’ve had an exclusive first look at a new case study microphone manufacturer DPA has produced about UK game developer Codemasters' use of their mics. And the attention to detail is astonishing.Read more...
14 Aug 2016
RedShark Review: The Eclipse TD-M1 computer speaker set, a winning combination of design and sound quality that more than justifies their £800 price tag and would be at home in any edit suite.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Here's another chance to see what we really mean by "High Resolution Audio": What do we mean by "High Resolution Audio"? There's no fixed definition but probably a good place to start is with audio that's not damaged by compressionRead more...
- Saturday 6 Jul 2019 - (53200) What happens after Moore's Law? It's not what you think!
- Saturday 13 Jul 2019 - (31430) Opinion: Will all cameras eventually have to have Global Shutters?
- Sunday 7 Jul 2019 - (27446) Can Cinematography be too good?
- Sunday 14 Jul 2019 - (20672) The dramatic ways that technology has changed editing
- Thursday 11 Jul 2019 - (11962) A new full-frame camera from SIGMA that's both surprising and different
- Wednesday 17 Jul 2019 - (220) Small doorways mean bigger TVs
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (739) The α7R IV - In depth with Sony's new full-frame beast
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (2424) New Sony A7R 1V is a full frame 61MP mirrorless powerhouse with "Medium Format" image quality
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (747) These moon landing tapes are worth at least $1 million
- Tuesday 16 Jul 2019 - (6330) The wonder chip that's cropping up in our video devices
3D 4K 8K Adobe Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR Intel lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video