14 Jun 2018
If you want the very latest in technology you might want to consider buying a new... cassette deck!Read more...
18 May 2018
One of the greatest boxing films of all time was also host to one of the most involved sound design assignments in its period. Kevin Hilton looks back at the sound design work of Frank Warner on Raging Bull.Read more...
09 May 2018
The audio you get from your computer, and that includes soundtracks from each and every video project you've worked on, is objectively poor, if you don't have a good Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).Read more...
16 Apr 2018
Roland Denning takes a good look at Zoom's matchbox sized Zoom F1-LP audio recorder, a recorder that can be used easily on small cameras, and as an alternative solution to traditional radio mics.Read more...
12 Apr 2018
Audio is 70% of what we see, apparently. In a VR experience audio theoretically should be even more important than in standard video or film. RØDE has caught onto this with the NT-SF1, an affordable mic for recording multi-directional sound.Read more...
03 Apr 2018
If you often end up with layer upon layer of audio, how do you make easy sense of it when it comes to mixing? Tim Dunphy takes us through the headache saving art of using VCA faders.Read more...
01 Apr 2018
RedShark Replay: Recently there's been a resurgence in sales of vinyl records. We don't really know why. And we think we can prove that vinyl isn't better than digital. Here's how.Read more...
01 Mar 2018
In this weeks video, how to shoot with wireless audio on location with the Zaxcom ZMT3 transmitter/recorder. Written by Bas GoossensRead more...
21 Feb 2018
Audio mixing without any unforseen colouration of the sound is one of the most difficult aspects of mixing room setups. Erik Vlietink takes a look at the IK Multimedia ARC 2.5 system, which could make such headaches a thing of the past.Read more...
- Saturday 16 Jun 2018 - (54182) Understanding ISO: In digital cameras, it's not what you think it is
- Tuesday 5 Jun 2018 - (9712) New Sony Compact RX 100 MK VI is so good it may be used to shoot on Avatar sequels
- Wednesday 13 Jun 2018 - (5482) Here is a greatly simplified explanation of Raw and Log video
- Friday 8 Jun 2018 - (5149) CGI face manipulation has reached a frightening level of realism
- Thursday 14 Jun 2018 - (4861) The surprising return of the professional cassette deck
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (286) Atomos makes the advantages of ProRes RAW clear
- Tuesday 19 Jun 2018 - (2261) You can now do full professional editing on an iPhone or iPad. Here's our review
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1055) We find some hidden gems at London's Media Production Show
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (3336) Kinefinity MAVO: everything you need to know
- Monday 18 Jun 2018 - (1638) The Sony DCR-VX1000 changed broadcast documentary production forever
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video