16 Jul 2018
The announcement of Tascam's new cassette deck raised a few eyebrows. Is tape simply just another type of sound in a creative world?Read more...
04 Jul 2018
iZotope has always impressed us with its range of filters and effects. Erik Vlietinck takes a look at the potentially very powerful VocalSynth 2.Read more...
An audio compressor is one of the most important parts of sound design and mixing, but it is also one of the most misunderstood and mis-used. Here Tim Dunphy unravels the mysteries surrounding the audio compressor filter.Read more...
03 Jul 2018
When you are mixing audio it is easy to end up with a signal that is too hot. How do you keep a track of what is happening so that you can ensure consistency throughout your mix?Read more...
14 Jun 2018
If you want the very latest in technology you might want to consider buying a new... cassette deck!Read more...
18 May 2018
One of the greatest boxing films of all time was also host to one of the most involved sound design assignments in its period. Kevin Hilton looks back at the sound design work of Frank Warner on Raging Bull.Read more...
09 May 2018
The audio you get from your computer, and that includes soundtracks from each and every video project you've worked on, is objectively poor, if you don't have a good Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).Read more...
16 Apr 2018
Roland Denning takes a good look at Zoom's matchbox sized Zoom F1-LP audio recorder, a recorder that can be used easily on small cameras, and as an alternative solution to traditional radio mics.Read more...
12 Apr 2018
Audio is 70% of what we see, apparently. In a VR experience audio theoretically should be even more important than in standard video or film. RØDE has caught onto this with the NT-SF1, an affordable mic for recording multi-directional sound.Read more...
- Saturday 4 Aug 2018 - (29501) Vintage lenses for large-sensor cameras - Part 1
- Saturday 11 Aug 2018 - (24228) Why working for free is a bad idea
- Monday 6 Aug 2018 - (12957) Cheaper graphics cards? There’s a reason for that
- Friday 3 Aug 2018 - (12013) Can open source software ever compete with commercial alternatives? [opinion]
- Tuesday 14 Aug 2018 - (8046) PXW-Z280: Back to the future with Sony's new 3 sensor masterpiece
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (336) Dell shows off its new laptop cinema experience features
- Friday 17 Aug 2018 - (394) Has TV-on-demand become too good? [opinion]
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1292) Angelbird RAW ECO SSD: Reliability and speed at an exceptional price
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (1215) Watch the recording of RedShark Live with the EVA1 5.7K RAW and live switching with the Atomos Sumo
- Thursday 16 Aug 2018 - (568) What are the most promising technologies we are waiting for?
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video