28 Mar 2020
Review: If you’re into music or sound design, there’s a decision you’re going to have to face at some early point in your career: which audio interface do you buy?Read more...
23 Mar 2020
16 Recording Tracks and an Adaptive Threshold Automixer Algorithm feature amongst updates to the recording mixer.Read more...
01 Mar 2020
RedShark Replay: Recently there's been a resurgence in sales of vinyl records. We don't really know why. And we think we can prove that vinyl isn't better than digital. Here's how.Read more...
13 Feb 2020
First look: Avid's Pro Tools is an industry standard for very good reasons indeed. We take a look at the latest version.Read more...
06 Feb 2020
There are many things in life that people don't immediately register unless something is particularly good or particularly bad. Food is one. Most of the time we're used to an average level of cooking, which is why exceptional cuisine or a very poor example of the culinary art leaps off the plate. Sound is similar, although muffled, distorted or badly…Read more...
30 Jan 2020
New audio software will transform the process of making a film soundtrackRead more...
21 Jan 2020
At last weeks NAMM Show IK Multimedia showcased its new MIDI/XLR audio interface for mobile devices, and it looks intriguing indeed.Read more...
09 Jan 2020
If you need a microphone to record a soundscape that comes close to being in the environment in which the audio was recorded, you need some binaural microphones. And the DPA 4560 CORE system looks to be an excellent way to do it.Read more...
- Sunday 15 Mar 2020 - (61679) The art of editing: Five tips to improve your editing performance
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (17667) This clever new algorithm can make 3D objects from 2D photos
- Sunday 22 Mar 2020 - (15920) 61 years ago the biggest industry advance ever was revealed at NAB
- Friday 20 Mar 2020 - (8842) FPGAs are already amazing. This one shows us the future
- Thursday 19 Mar 2020 - (4694) 2020 iPad Pro announced: It's a glimpse of the future
- Sunday 29 Mar 2020 - (522) PD Movie Remote Air Pro 3 "appeals to exactly the productions that need it most"
- Saturday 28 Mar 2020 - (1103) SSL 2+ is a chunky professional audio interface with the irresistible bonus of that “SSL Sound”
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (734) Your computer could be part of valuable research into Covid-19
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (1524) Tourbox: The control surface you can use for anything?
- Friday 27 Mar 2020 - (3016) New compression tech turns existing codecs on their head
4K 8K AMD Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro GPU Grading HD HDR Intel iPhone LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video