15 Sep 2018
When you think of audio fixing, you probably think of “iZotope RX Advanced”. It is the industry standard for audio post production regardless of the environment in which the audio is used, be it movies, music or even criminal forensics. iZotope has now released updates of RX 7, its metering app Insight and the full RX Post Production Suite.Read more...
16 Jul 2018
The announcement of Tascam's new cassette deck raised a few eyebrows. Is tape simply just another type of sound in a creative world?Read more...
04 Jul 2018
iZotope has always impressed us with its range of filters and effects. Erik Vlietinck takes a look at the potentially very powerful VocalSynth 2.Read more...
An audio compressor is one of the most important parts of sound design and mixing, but it is also one of the most misunderstood and mis-used. Here Tim Dunphy unravels the mysteries surrounding the audio compressor filter.Read more...
03 Jul 2018
When you are mixing audio it is easy to end up with a signal that is too hot. How do you keep a track of what is happening so that you can ensure consistency throughout your mix?Read more...
14 Jun 2018
If you want the very latest in technology you might want to consider buying a new... cassette deck!Read more...
18 May 2018
One of the greatest boxing films of all time was also host to one of the most involved sound design assignments in its period. Kevin Hilton looks back at the sound design work of Frank Warner on Raging Bull.Read more...
09 May 2018
The audio you get from your computer, and that includes soundtracks from each and every video project you've worked on, is objectively poor, if you don't have a good Digital to Analogue Converter (DAC).Read more...
- Saturday 22 Sep 2018 - (38227) The Beginner's Guide to LUTs
- Friday 14 Sep 2018 - (8822) Blackmagic Design announces advanced new Blackmagic Raw Codec
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (7713) Is DaVinci Resolve now the ultimate end-to-end production suite?
- Saturday 15 Sep 2018 - (7679) What’s coming to Adobe Creative Cloud?
- Monday 17 Sep 2018 - (4611) Dell's UP3218K - a monitor with more resolution that most DSLRs!
- Tuesday 25 Sep 2018 - (34) Panasonic leaps into full-frame with brand new mirrorless cameras
- Tuesday 25 Sep 2018 - (1222) Should you upgrade to iPhone XS? Is it the video and photo powerhouse that Apple claims?
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (381) Make sure you don't miss the Rocky Mountain AVX Expo 2018!
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1562) RED's new HDR showreel is high resolution video at its most eye-catching
- Monday 24 Sep 2018 - (1808) Science fiction doesn't always have the best ideas
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Design Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HDR Intel LED lenses Lighting Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic ProRes Raw RED RedShark Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video