15 May 2017
Last month to comparatively little fanfare, the developer of the mp3 codec, Fraunhofer IIS, announced that it was pulling the plug on the format after two decades at the front of audio compression.Read more...
26 Apr 2017
Dave Shapton interviews Evan Allen from iZotope and finds that machine learning has been instrumental in developing several of the new modules in its latest RX 6 audio post software.Read more...
02 Feb 2017
Five years after it first appeared in cinemas, Dolby Atmos, a key component of the UHD future, is slowly edging into the world of live broadcast television, as this week’s soccer broadcast by BT Sport in the UK proved. By Matt Gregory, RedShark Staff WriterRead more...
30 Jan 2017
Technically it was Røde owner Freedman Electronics celebrating its big five oh, but in launching five new mics, including the first ambisonic unit badged under new acquisition Soundfield, it managed to spread the celebratory mood a bit further than usual.Read more...
14 Jan 2017
Robert Altman was a leading light of 1970s US cinema movement who exploited audio technology in innovative creative ways. Kevin Hilton looks at the sound styles of his films, focusing on M*A*S*H and the lesser known but still pivotal That Cold Day in the Park. By Kevin Hilton.Read more...
- Saturday 20 May 2017 - (13153) The Great Monitoring Dilemma: how to preserve picture quality for the DIY filmmaker
- Wednesday 17 May 2017 - (10635) Intel preps to launch Core i9, its first new processor line in years
- Monday 22 May 2017 - (8551) It really is time to stop talking about UHD
- Thursday 18 May 2017 - (6610) AMD Ryzen Threadripper: 16-core monster coming this summer
- Monday 15 May 2017 - (5971) Could you use the new Wacom Intuos Pro for video editing?
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (364) A brief guide to the most important image standards
- Friday 26 May 2017 - (1503) Thunderbolt 3 and the problems with peripherals
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (408) Seven ways to get stability without a tripod
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (991) We need to talk! Frame.io helps you communicate with your production colleagues [sponsored]
- Thursday 25 May 2017 - (1837) DJI Spark: the new entry level consumer drone
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video