Technology & Computing
14 Mar 2017
Handle, a two-wheeled, four-legged hybrid robot, has a performance that really has to be seen to be believed.Read more...
13 Mar 2017
Nvidia’s new $700 GTX 1080 Ti, unveiled at GDC last week, is billed as the Ultimate GeForce GPU and promises performance 35% faster than the GTX 1080. And that is impressively speedy!Read more...
11 Mar 2017
RedShark Replay: How long do you want to keep your data safe and secure? How does 13.8 billion years sound?Read more...
10 Mar 2017
We’ve run a few articles recently about the direction Apple seems to be taking and are reaching the inescapable conclusion that the company that invented the iPhone is being consumed by consumers. “Pro” doesn’t seem to matter any more, “Thin” does. So, where does that leave us?Read more...
09 Mar 2017
Google recently fired another broadside in its ongoing feud with Apple, refusing now to support YouTube through Safari unless Apple adopts the company’s new VP9 4K video format.Read more...
02 Mar 2017
While it's likely decades off from practical use, a multi-national team of engineers just took home the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering for a groundbreaking single photon camera.Read more...
27 Feb 2017
Early star of this year’s Mobile World Congress was Sony’s Xperia XZ Premium, which delivers both 4K HDR and a fairly astonishing 960fps in slo-motion mode.Read more...
27 Feb 2017
Before very long, and certainly by the year 2025, cars will essentially be computers on wheels, and the self driving cars that will dominate the roads and the cameras of the future will have a lot in common.Read more...
24 Feb 2017
The 5G future will take shape in Barcelona next week as MWC sees a show that was once dedicated to the humble mobile phone expand its remit to cover the IoT, virtual reality, autonomous vehicles and pretty much anything else that you can imagine coming down the pipe in the next decade.Read more...
21 Feb 2017
The BBC is about to make available what is possibly going to be the biggest landmark release for the 4K UHD Blu-ray format yet: Planet Earth II.Read more...
- Tuesday 8 Aug 2017 - (11409) Why AMD’s Ryzen Threadripper is such a big deal
- Saturday 12 Aug 2017 - (11065) 11 things filmmakers need to consider about audio
- Saturday 19 Aug 2017 - (10724) Windows vs macOS: Does it even matter anymore?
- Friday 18 Aug 2017 - (7827) Canon's powerful lower priced low light alternative
- Friday 11 Aug 2017 - (7402) The Sony FS7 II: best in class
- Tuesday 22 Aug 2017 - (346) Digital vs film. Has the digital process become over complicated and expensive?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (527) Ten years of superlative aviation filmmaking
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1157) Is the Nikon D850 waiting in the wings with 8K timelapse?
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1644) Mistika Insight, free high end editing and finishing software
- Monday 21 Aug 2017 - (1269) Make your drone footage really fly
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video