Technology & Computing
19 Oct 2016
RedShark Replay: Here's another chance to read our argument that wider screens would be better than 8K. Screens are getting wider: wider than widescreen. And this is a good thingRead more...
17 Oct 2016
Even with the torrid pace of change in the camera and video worlds, you can expect more change to come from surprising sources.Read more...
15 Oct 2016
RedShark Replay: ISO ratings made perfect sense in the days of photochemical film but only serve to muddy the waters when it comes to assessing camera performance in the digital age.Read more...
12 Oct 2016
Many cameras and smartphones have been recalled over the years, not just for over-active batteries, but Samsung’s mishandling of the latter stages of its Galaxy Note 7 recall will probably go down in history as one of the most damaging recalls yet seen.Read more...
07 Oct 2016
Opinion: Skeptics love to cast doubt on new technologies, but the current rate of technological change means we're set for more groundbreaking advancements, not less.Read more...
03 Oct 2016
While our industry gazes at the 8K horizon, significant developments are arising from surprising sources.Read more...
03 Oct 2016
We've grown used to CPUs having smaller and smaller features - and hence being more powerful with each generation - but this trend might be about to end as it starts to butt up against some fundamental laws of physics.Read more...
30 Sep 2016
It’s beginning to look like the future of video is not going to be linked to rectangular screens. While the technology that puts moving images onto screens (from mobile to massive) will continue to evolve, other, more diverse ways of viewing video are starting to emerge.Read more...
29 Sep 2016
Earlier this year, Apple discontinued support for Quicktime on Windows. This could rapidly become a problem for editors everywhere as, with its passing, they lose the ability to decode ProRes on the platform and the big vendors are all 'still working' on a solution.Read more...
- Thursday 13 Apr 2017 - (12955) Powerful alternatives to that new Apple workstation
- Monday 24 Apr 2017 - (11927) Resolve 14 is the software’s biggest upgrade ever
- Saturday 22 Apr 2017 - (9908) Avid goes free: Meet Media Composer First
- Monday 17 Apr 2017 - (8465) Light L16 camera to ship in July and look like this
- Tuesday 25 Apr 2017 - (8069) New firmware for Sony cameras
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (61) GoPro talks 'over-capture' with Fusion
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (358) Pond5 - 7.2 million clips and growing [video]
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (521) How Boxcast has solved three big 4K streaming problems [video]
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (2332) Bluetooth: the Ursa Mini Pro’s really useful hidden feature
- Thursday 27 Apr 2017 - (1714) DJI and Hasselblad introduce 100MP aerial photograph platform
3D 4K 8K Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI Cinematography Digital Bolex DJI drones DSLR Editing Film Firmware update GoPro Grading HD HDR IBC iPhone LED lenses Lightworks NLE Nvidia Opinion panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony SSD technology UHD VFX video