Technology & Computing
The graphics power of the Xbox One would make video and graphics applications fly - for only $350.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: Sony's XAVC is used across an increasing number of its professional camcorders. Why did they choose yet another format? There were good reasons, as we explain below.Read more...
RedShark Summer Replay: HDR means that TVs will be able to show videos that handle light in the same way as real-life. In our view, it's much more important than merely having more pixels, and the good news is that it's compatible with some existing cameras!Read more...
That quote is essentially what virtually every online reviewer on a UK Department store's site said about LG's 65EC970V OLED TV. I thought that too.Read more...
Having a laptop with a 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) screen has made us realise that you really do need to have a 4K screen to work with 4K video.Read more...
11K resolution on a mobile phone? Isn't that just ridiculous - or just plain impossible? The answer may just be "no" to both of those.Read more...
In yet another bid to kickstart the prospect of autonomous drones delivering its packages anywhere in under 30 minutes, Amazon is lobbying for the 200ft to 400ft slice of airspace above the world’s cities to be given over to sophisticated and autonomous drones.Read more...
RedShark Replay: Using some very clever algorithms, unusable footage is made to look like it was shot with a Steadicam [first published August 2014]Read more...
RedShark Replay: Old cameras can teach us some essential lessons about using modern digital ones (first published February 2015).Read more...
- Sunday 29 Nov 2015 - (42472) Building a Resolve 12 system for $500
- Sunday 22 Nov 2015 - (30439) How to design SSD-based PC video workstations - Part one: understanding SSDs
- Thursday 19 Nov 2015 - (21426) Are cameras getting a bit too "DIY" these days?
- Friday 27 Nov 2015 - (19403) Telling a story in four seconds using 600fps SlowMo
- Friday 20 Nov 2015 - (14461) Kinefinity: the greatest camera company you never heard of
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (1099) This is how ARRI makes cameras - RedShark Exclusive
- Tuesday 1 Dec 2015 - (978) Why is LiFi suddenly in the news?
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1236) The truth about ETTR - Exposing To The Right
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1124) [Sponsored] Amazing offer for Davinci Resolve training - Extended for Tuesday!
- Monday 30 Nov 2015 - (1498) Panasonic aims Toughpad 4K Performance at film production
3D 4K 8K Alexa Animation Apple Arri Arri Alexa Atomos Audio BBC Blackmagic Blackmagic Cinema Camera Blackmagic Design Blackmagic pocket cinema camera Camcorder camera Cameras Canon CGI D16 Digital Bolex DSLR Editing F55 Film gh4 GoPro HD iPhone lenses Lightworks Mac Pro NAB NLE Nvidia panasonic production ProRes Raw RED Review Samsung Sensor Sony Sony A7s SSD Thunderbolt UHD VFX